Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 12:29 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,574,845 times

Advertisements

Some people wear spikes - Iguana Mike has them transdermally implanted into his skull.

YouTube - World of Weird - Skull Implants
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2009, 06:04 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,251,440 times
Thats just gross. The spikes at least look kinda cool...But its still gross...and the silicone under the skin well....That is just stupid looking. Its way to big and just right there without any artistic placement... It looks like something you would pay to have removed, not put on. I think the same of bad boob jobs.

Old 07-21-2009, 09:48 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,025,535 times
I think it's all gross! I tivo'd a NatGeo Tabo show the other night so I could see the woman with the tiniest waist, and there were these other gross-out stories on there that I had to fast forward through before I blew chunks. One was people getting their eyes tattooed - no, not their eyelids ... their EYES!!! Another was about this skull implant stuff and other forms of extreme piercing and body modification. I could not watch it. The lady with the tiny waist - I believe she does it for her freak husband. She wears a corset all the time and has worn it for something like 30 or 40 years.

Old 07-21-2009, 11:50 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Dear Lordie, just take me before this becomes common! Pretty puleeze!

Old 07-21-2009, 04:21 PM

1,806 posts, read 5,704,418 times
I briefly met the Enigma many years ago (very nice guy)...he has horns.

I think we need to understand that those who choose to alter themselves so much to fit the extreme Bod Mod category are already living like a Carnival entertainer...they can't go back to the mainstream and have no desire to - so what the heck...this is now their job. If it pays well, I can not tell you.

Would I do it? Nah, not my thing. Do I find it attractive? Not really. But it wouldn't make me look twice, either. It's a level...to someone else, I have some weird stuff going on, and when I put a spike through my nose or grommets in my ears it's for fun...not because I think it's "pretty". Sometimes interesting, unusual, or just plain different and ugly override the drive for normal beauty. But personally, I like having the option of cloaking, blending, so my choices are limited to my own extent.

My husband has an implant in his wrist. For absolutely no reason at all. Just because he wanted it. You won't see it unless he shows you.

I think the star looks sloppy. That's my take on it. It's crooked and that would drive me nuts. I'm too picky about that kind of thing.

Old 07-22-2009, 01:31 PM

It probably went on strait, but the body moved it around like how those silicone implant women would have to go to the doctor to remove floating lumps from all over the body after an implant leaked.

Old 07-22-2009, 02:33 PM

2,868 posts, read 9,550,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
I think it's all gross! I tivo'd a NatGeo Tabo show the other night so I could see the woman with the tiniest waist, and there were these other gross-out stories on there that I had to fast forward through before I blew chunks. One was people getting their eyes tattooed - no, not their eyelids ... their EYES!!! Another was about this skull implant stuff and other forms of extreme piercing and body modification. I could not watch it. The lady with the tiny waist - I believe she does it for her freak husband. She wears a corset all the time and has worn it for something like 30 or 40 years.

I saw it! that NatGeo Taboo your speaking about....

I would never do it but I am not judging...trying not to anyway.

The risk of infection is what I would be concerned about...moreso with the tatooing of the cornea. I had to pick my mouth up off the floor when I saw that!

Old 07-22-2009, 03:24 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,694,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Danielle* View Post

The risk of infection is what I would be concerned about...moreso with the tatooing of the cornea. I had to pick my mouth up off the floor when I saw that!
I thought it was a great program, but, I thought the cornea tatoo was icky looking and not a great idea. Also trying not to judge

Old 07-22-2009, 03:25 PM

132 posts, read 223,985 times
that is gross!

Old 07-22-2009, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Danielle* View Post

When I was really little..One of my odd fears was that monsters would come out of my closet and poke my eyes with needles...maybe I was just seeing into the future....

Or really what if it scarred a lot from the dye and made you blind...

Its just kinda dumb to mess with your eyes. They can be useful at times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty