U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 07:28 PM

15,774 posts, read 18,287,461 times

Advertisements

Cared for real nails look great on a lady who has long, slender fingers. My beloved wife usually used clear.

Back scratch's are wonderful...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2013, 08:11 PM

223 posts, read 173,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
French manicures look trashy and cheap. End of story.
Aka "stripper nails".

Old 02-11-2013, 08:45 PM

5,396 posts, read 8,612,787 times
Nothing, unless they're bitten, broken, chipped or smudged.

Old 02-11-2013, 08:49 PM

2,186 posts, read 2,514,515 times
Quote:
They remind me of the late 80's or early 90's. I don't think "trashy and cheap," but I would expect the woman wearing them to have big hair, a stonewashed denim jacket, be between the ages of 34 and 48, and live in the same small town where she grew up.

Old 02-11-2013, 09:01 PM

2,186 posts, read 2,514,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
And guys - you are visual creatures - don't act like nothing is up in that coconut of yours and say that you have never noticed. . .
It's not that we don't notice, it's that we don't care. An unattractive woman could have a 4-hour-old mani-pedi from the most expensive place in town, and it's not going to make her look more attractive to us. An attractive woman could have short nails with a little bit of dirt under them, and it's not going to deter us.

Sure, something on the most ridiculous 1% of the spectrum is going to stand out and not be appropriate in some situations, but that's so rare it's hardly worth mentioning.

Old 02-12-2013, 03:16 AM

223 posts, read 173,925 times
On that note, I have just painted my nails "black velvet" by Mavala.

Black with a smidge of purple.

My toes, however, are "peach surprise" because I like to have a nice contrast.

Does this mean I am schizophrenic?

Old 02-12-2013, 04:37 AM

2,650 posts, read 2,653,947 times
......And guys - you are visual creatures - don't act like nothing is up in that coconut of yours and say that you have never noticed. . . because if your wife/GF had black polish with red tips and little rhinestones all over the tips of them for a dinner to go out with your boss or colleague(s)- and it was not part of a Halloween costume. . . ..... SNIP

We know what we are. As to fingernail polish I can't recall ever noticing it without having it pointed out to me. As in when a girl says "Look, I did my nails." It isn't that I'm not a visual creature, you got that right. If girls put fingernail polish on their nipples I would notice right away and have a preference. On their fingernails, uh uh.

Old 02-12-2013, 11:04 AM

3,500 posts, read 4,021,151 times
It says she paints her nails?
Somehow I know this is not what the op is looking for...but it's all I think about if I'm even to think about it in the first place...

Old 02-12-2013, 12:07 PM

862 posts, read 1,181,473 times
Quote:
You have your opinion. Nothing wrong with that.

Personally, a matching french manicure/pedicure can be classy, elegant, simple and professional. Better than half-a$$ed, one coat reds or any other colour that doesn't compliment the outfit.

It also depends on the length of the nails too. Also the shoes. Some women do no justice for their toes by wearing sandals that do absolutely nothing to compliment their feet.

Long, fake nails don't really do it for me in the first place. Natural nails are always best and it rarely looks trashy and cheap if done properly.

Old 02-12-2013, 01:45 PM

45 posts, read 63,713 times
I'm not a man, but men have mentioned to me how nice it is that take pride in my appearance. They don't say "ooooh are you wearing "Silver Dollar"?" (a Revlon color) lol, but I would hear your nails look nice.

I keep my natural nails mid-length (they are not long, but not short either) and I wear colors like shimmery pink, purple and sometimes red on weekends. I get them done once per month at the salon (LOVE the massages!!!) and maintain them myself once per week (3 times per month). Black/dark polishes and french/american manicures are so not for me neither are the crackle/stickers/rhinestones/different colors on different nails, but to each their own.

I play sports, lift weights, garden, cook and type without any problems. I love having my toes and nails clean and manicured!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty