U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2014, 04:58 AM

1 posts, read 1,237 times

Advertisements

I am a man. I like when a woman's nail are clean. No loud colors. If she wears loud colors it makes me think she may be kind of wacky or not stable. I like it when they wear light colors. Seems more feminine. When women wear different colors on each finger it scares me. Seems to be a trend nowadays that a lot of women are wearing different colors on each finger. It's just weird. And if nails are all chipped and not maintained I think she is not clean.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2014, 08:04 AM

254 posts, read 282,591 times
I'm into nail art (designs like flowers etc) and I've received several compliments from men on my nails. I wear all colors but I keep my fingernails short. I never paint my toenails.

I have a guy friend that gets turned off with red nails but I have not heard of a "turn on" color.

Old 03-30-2014, 08:56 AM

4,232 posts, read 6,220,990 times
One other thing, as a guy I look at it like a sunk cost. If she has to get her nails done every month it’s a huge waste of money.

Old 03-30-2014, 09:18 AM

15,729 posts, read 18,518,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
One other thing, as a guy I look at it like a sunk cost. If she has to get her nails done every month it’s a huge waste of money.
I see It as a time saver

Old 04-06-2014, 01:23 AM

3,079 posts, read 2,485,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscam19 View Post
I am a man. I like when a woman's nail are clean. No loud colors. If she wears loud colors it makes me think she may be kind of wacky or not stable. I like it when they wear light colors. Seems more feminine. When women wear different colors on each finger it scares me. Seems to be a trend nowadays that a lot of women are wearing different colors on each finger. It's just weird. And if nails are all chipped and not maintained I think she is not clean.
Mostly this, except my favorite is red and I'm inclined to think black goes with a goth or evil personality.

Old 04-06-2014, 01:56 AM

255 posts, read 341,365 times
I usually keep them short with red polish on. I do other colours as well, but I get complimented the most with red. Everyone says it looks good with my skin. I just got a manicure and a pedicure the other day so I can get my feet ready for sandal season. Normally I do manicures and pedicures at home, but when winter is over, I get pedicures professionally done.

Old 04-06-2014, 03:00 AM

12,540 posts, read 12,872,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortnblack View Post
You have your opinion. Nothing wrong with that.

Personally, a matching french manicure/pedicure can be classy, elegant, simple and professional. Better than half-a$$ed, one coat reds or any other colour that doesn't compliment the outfit.

It also depends on the length of the nails too. Also the shoes. Some women do no justice for their toes by wearing sandals that do absolutely nothing to compliment their feet.

Long, fake nails don't really do it for me in the first place. Natural nails are always best and it rarely looks trashy and cheap if done properly.

French pedicures are disgusting. Toenails are not supposed to be long enough to have a white strip on the end. Cut those things!

Old 04-06-2014, 07:53 AM

42,704 posts, read 45,362,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
French pedicures are disgusting. Toenails are not supposed to be long enough to have a white strip on the end. Cut those things!
Hahaha, you can get short ones. The nail is clear with a little line. But I like the bright colors on the feet.I currently have the Mariah Carey opi silver glitter on my toes.

Old 04-08-2014, 11:20 AM

1,752 posts, read 810,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
Ladies, not all men think this way....the effort is noticed and appreciated by some of us.

Old 04-08-2014, 11:24 AM

36,686 posts, read 26,510,977 times
Put this in the category of something I absolutely never, ever think about and care about even less than that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty