U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 06:43 PM

15,807 posts, read 9,195,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley868 View Post
I usually keep them short with red polish on. I do other colours as well, but I get complimented the most with red. Everyone says it looks good with my skin. I just got a manicure and a pedicure the other day so I can get my feet ready for sandal season. Normally I do manicures and pedicures at home, but when winter is over, I get pedicures professionally done.
I don't get pedicures or manicures or fake nails. It hurts when the ladies mess with my feet. I don't know what it is, because most other women I talk to love those pedicure things. There's nothing wrong with my feet either. However, I wear sandals all summer too, so I polish my toenails black or red (sorry guys) and put lotion on my heels because they look dry and icky without it. Then I'm good to go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2014, 07:50 PM

568 posts, read 584,002 times
It says nothing to me, because it's freaking nail polish.

Old 04-08-2014, 08:11 PM

4,431 posts, read 5,605,520 times
I usually love mani-pedis but worst one i ever got was when i clipped my toenails a couple days before. OUCH that hurt. As far as other women it shows me they picked a color i either liked or disliked. Either way it doesnt cause me to lose any sleep. Most it ever causes is having to go buy that color.

Old 04-09-2014, 09:58 AM

686 posts, read 1,012,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
Men - what does a womans nail color say to you about her? .
This is an interesting question. My thoughts are:

RED: Says she is passionate, inquisitive, cultured and perhaps refined. She's probably fond of designer purses, has one or two favorite perfume scents that she wears daily, and is current on most fashion trends.

PINK: Says she's girly, young and hip. Probably into spinning records and hip hop. Wears those beanie hats that are popular right now and is very active physically. An avid runner, gym rat and/or crossfitter. Also, listens to alternative music.

Black: Deep, rocker type with several tattoos. More interested in how she appears to others and is very self conscious about herself her look, her weight, etc. but tries to hide it under her "artsy" façade that she is trying to create.

Oh who am I kidding. The color of a woman's nails doesn't tell a man sh*t about her and we don't care.

Old 04-09-2014, 10:03 AM

14,174 posts, read 23,745,244 times
I've never understood the whole nail thing with women. I personally think long nails/french tips/fake nails are just nasty. I always assumed women did it for themselves and other women, because men just don't care, or even notice (unless they're really long and bright).

Old 04-09-2014, 10:10 AM

15,608 posts, read 32,104,154 times
LOL - yup, men are usually looking at my chest or legs, I don't think they give a **** about my colorless nails!

Old 04-09-2014, 12:02 PM

15,787 posts, read 25,768,046 times
It doesn't say much to me, and even though I am a gay man, I don't even notice. I am not interested in anything feminine at all. Nothing.

However, there is a fat girl in my office and her nails are about 2 1/2 long, I know they are fake, and she gets them painted different colors with designs on them. This week they are black.

I find it low class, and repulsive. I do not see anything appealing about it at all.
Of course her wardrobe is just as awful.

Our fed-ex man nicknamed her "claws"

Old 04-09-2014, 01:24 PM

2,880 posts, read 3,564,858 times
I wear clear keep my nail on the shorter medium...Never been into colored long cat nails myself...

Last edited by WildCard~; 04-09-2014 at 01:35 PM..

Old 04-09-2014, 01:36 PM

52 posts, read 64,228 times
My DH thinks colored nails are fun. I generally like to do colors depending on the season and possibly what's trendy. I keep my nails short and like shellac because it generally last almost 2 weeks even with cleaning stuff, typing and opening cans and such… I need the durability because regular polish generally chips within a day for me.

Old 04-09-2014, 06:56 PM

686 posts, read 1,012,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post

However, there is a fat girl in my office and her nails are about 2 1/2 long, I know they are fake, and she gets them painted different colors with designs on them. This week they are black.

I find it low class, and repulsive. I do not see anything appealing about it at all.
Of course her wardrobe is just as awful.

Our fed-ex man nicknamed her "claws"
Ha ha ha!! I guess if it makes her feel pretty more power to her. Is she the Real Housewives of Atlanta type? My guess is she probably is.

There aren't too many things that are less attractive than a woman with super long fingernails. Ugh. Definitely low class and repulsive as you put it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty