U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2014, 07:29 PM

15,787 posts, read 25,768,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chum Kiu View Post
Ha ha ha!! I guess if it makes her feel pretty more power to her. Is she the Real Housewives of Atlanta type? My guess is she probably is.

There aren't too many things that are less attractive than a woman with super long fingernails. Ugh. Definitely low class and repulsive as you put it.

Totally white trailer park trash you can't even imagine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2014, 08:49 PM

6,319 posts, read 5,923,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
It doesn't say much to me, and even though I am a gay man, I don't even notice. I am not interested in anything feminine at all. Nothing.

However, there is a fat girl in my office and her nails are about 2 1/2 long, I know they are fake, and she gets them painted different colors with designs on them. This week they are black.

I find it low class, and repulsive. I do not see anything appealing about it at all.
Of course her wardrobe is just as awful.

Our fed-ex man nicknamed her "claws"
You find a lot of art Low Class?

Or just nail art?

Or is it just nail art on a fat girl?

You need to check out some nail art sites my friend. While it might not be your cup of tea, nail art can be just that. Unique and stunning works of art.

I thought gay men generally supported creativity? Or is that another stereotype?

Old 04-10-2014, 12:37 AM

10,999 posts, read 13,894,096 times
I don't know how people function w/ those crazy long fake nails. My mind goes to some weird places whenever I see these women, and I imagine them trying to pick their nose, their ears, or use the bathroom..then of course I start thinking about all the germs and I get really grossed out hahahah.. The nail art is cool though.

Old 04-10-2014, 01:18 AM

4,431 posts, read 5,605,520 times
I used to work with a woman in a local restaurant who did those press on nails. She kept losing them in peoples salads (yes the guests would find them; sometimes in their mouths) and it was quite disgusting. However when i had nails i had them at a regular length and had them painted a fashionable presentable color with no crazy designs. Mine were also gel nails that werent coming off. Actually wouldnt mind getting them done again but i think natural nails are a lot less of a hassle.

Old 04-11-2014, 07:28 PM

132 posts, read 99,305 times
I'm recently digging peach/orange nail polish, panties and bras. Not safety orange....kinda in between peach/orange color.

So sexy!!

Old 04-12-2014, 02:08 PM

1,850 posts, read 2,519,808 times
Default What polish visually appeals to you/turns you on - and what makes you crinkle your nose when you see it?

I'm okay with most colors as long as it's a solid color. I don't like multi-colored nails.

Also, I prefer french tips overall.

As for the Vette Red. It's a classic look. Go for it!

Old 04-12-2014, 02:26 PM

14,545 posts, read 18,057,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
I am so glad so many men don't care much (I kind of suspected that anyway). I don't paint my nails. For one thing, I can't stand the way it feels... like I have something "on" my nails. It's like they can't breathe or something. Plus, it's very impractical for me. I've had my nails done before as part of spa packages and they look nice for a little while, but it's only a matter of hours before I have the polish chipped and flaking (which looks horrible).
I like to do things with my hands, like use wire in jewelry and garden. Nail polish doesn't last long. So I very rarely put anything on them. I keep a package of clear to reglue the ring with the broken stone but that's about all.

If you don't put all the chemicals on your nails, they end up looking shiny and strong on their own. I wore mine really long until my son came along some twenty years ago, and since have kept them short as well. when you see someone struggling to enter things into a cash register on long fake nails I just want to tell them to get rid of them and reagain use of their fingers.

I generally also do not wear makeup. It makes my eyes itch and I feel like I look wierd with it on. But I know how that feels when your nails feel all 'smothered'.

Old 04-14-2014, 11:08 AM

15,787 posts, read 25,768,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
You find a lot of art Low Class?

Or just nail art?

Or is it just nail art on a fat girl?

You need to check out some nail art sites my friend. While it might not be your cup of tea, nail art can be just that. Unique and stunning works of art.

I thought gay men generally supported creativity? Or is that another stereotype?

I didn't say I find art low class.

3 inch nails on any girl working in an office is unappropriate, especially when dealing with clients and having these claws painted different colors. It looks disgusting.

It is tacky and low class.

and our girl here in my office is guilty. she is low class and completely tacky, and is the classic example of white trailer park trash, and yes, she is fat.

her nails do not look nice and are not appealing, and everyone in the office makes fun of her behind her back, even the UPS man, and Fed Ex man.....so I can imagine what vendors think of her when they come here.

Old 04-15-2014, 08:22 AM

17,086 posts, read 10,325,937 times
Female responder, so take my opinion as you will. I don't wear colored polish often, but if I had to choose, buff/bronze for everyday on short nails. Classic red is a nice contrast for the little black dress on a special occasion.

Last edited by randomparent; 04-15-2014 at 09:26 AM..

Old 04-15-2014, 08:47 AM

7,493 posts, read 10,049,103 times
It says that if he puts so much stock on a woman's nail color, he's got bigger issues than that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty