U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 07-18-2009, 09:21 AM
 
22,770 posts, read 26,777,114 times
Reputation: 14581

Advertisements

What does it say to me?

If it's black, it says she's probably into some style I'm not familiar with.

If it's something weird like solid blue, yellow, orange or green, she is a hippie of some flavor, and probably does a good bit of drugs.

If they're pink and purple, where some lady in the mall glued fake diamonds onto them..
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-18-2009, 09:21 AM
 
2,191 posts, read 4,270,237 times
Reputation: 2278
-Clear nail polish says to me says that they enjoy recycling and often on weekends they like to read self help magazines while listening to Madonna.

-Pink nail polish means they are easy.

-Orange nail polish says that they enjoy long walks on the beach followed shortly thereafter by a food fight involving fruit and tacos.

-Brown nail polish means that they spend significant portions of their life texting or on the phone. It also means that they enjoy needle point.

-Red nail polish usually means that they are lactose intolerant and enjoy fully automatic weapons.

-Blue nail polish means she is a very reasonable person and is punctual. Unfortunately this color also means they are very controlling and usually an alcoholic, so advance with caution.

-Black nail polish is usually a good indicator that they enjoy watching sports games and are probably the kind of woman who will put up with a cheater.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2009, 09:32 AM
 
733 posts, read 1,743,554 times
Reputation: 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason28 View Post
-clear nail polish says to me says that they enjoy recycling and often on weekends they like to read self help magazines while listening to madonna.

-pink nail polish means they are easy.

-orange nail polish says that they enjoy long walks on the beach followed shortly thereafter by a food fight involving fruit and tacos.

-brown nail polish means that they spend significant portions of their life texting or on the phone. It also means that they enjoy needle point.

-red nail polish usually means that they are lactose intolerant and enjoy fully automatic weapons.

-blue nail polish means she is a very reasonable person and is punctual. Unfortunately this color also means they are very controlling and usually an alcoholic, so advance with caution.

-black nail polish is usually a good indicator that they enjoy watching sports games and are probably the kind of woman who will put up with a cheater.
lmao!!!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2009, 09:38 AM
 
Location: Democratic Peoples Republic of Redneckistan
11,091 posts, read 13,408,760 times
Reputation: 3927
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason28 View Post
-Clear nail polish says to me says that they enjoy recycling and often on weekends they like to read self help magazines while listening to Madonna.

-Pink nail polish means they are easy.

-Orange nail polish says that they enjoy long walks on the beach followed shortly thereafter by a food fight involving fruit and tacos.

-Brown nail polish means that they spend significant portions of their life texting or on the phone. It also means that they enjoy needle point.

-Red nail polish usually means that they are lactose intolerant and enjoy fully automatic weapons.

-Blue nail polish means she is a very reasonable person and is punctual. Unfortunately this color also means they are very controlling and usually an alcoholic, so advance with caution.

-Black nail polish is usually a good indicator that they enjoy watching sports games and are probably the kind of woman who will put up with a cheater.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2009, 10:14 AM
 
Location: SoCal - Sherman Oaks & Woodland Hills
12,977 posts, read 30,127,583 times
Reputation: 10491
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
Some men find Corvette Red nail polish sexy and erotic - while some men find it trampy and are turned off by it.

Some men like a woman to have a nice clean French Manicure (to the clueless men, that's the white tipped nails) because it represents class or just because it's a clean look. Some men do not like it and prefer color.

- Clear polish
- Neon Pink or Neon Construction Orange
- Peach or Coral polish
- Browns/Deep browns
- Deep Blood Red - the Vampy look. . .
- Blue polish

The list goes on. . .

What polish visually appeals to you/turns you on - and what makes you crinkle your nose when you see it?

And guys - you are visual creatures - don't act like nothing is up in that coconut of yours and say that you have never noticed. . . because if your wife/GF had black polish with red tips and little rhinestones all over the tips of them for a dinner to go out with your boss or colleague(s)- and it was not part of a Halloween costume. . .
I think you are hanging out with too many gay guys. Regular guys dont care about what color your nails are or trying to extract some meaning or info about you because of the color. Geez.

Ridiculous.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2009, 10:26 AM
 
Location: Center of the universe
24,672 posts, read 34,553,327 times
Reputation: 11780
I usually don't notice nail polish, but the young woman who waited on me at breakfast this morning had bright (safety) green. It didn't really "say" anything to me, but I definitely noticed it on her.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2009, 10:44 AM
 
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
20 posts, read 66,701 times
Reputation: 27
I think they all look ugly. I prefer natural, short nails.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2009, 10:53 AM
 
Location: Pittsburgh's 'EAST SIDE'
2,043 posts, read 4,554,249 times
Reputation: 2667
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
I think you are hanging out with too many gay guys. Regular guys dont care about what color your nails are or trying to extract some meaning or info about you because of the color. Geez.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2009, 11:06 AM
 
Location: Space Coast
1,988 posts, read 4,722,115 times
Reputation: 2753
From a female perspective, here are how certain moods dictate which color I would wear.

None or clear: feel like doing something outsdoorsy OR just hanging around the house.
French: Must attend an important meeting at work.
Red: Looking for some action (lipstick must be a matching shade)
Pink: Feeling like going shoe shopping or doing something with the girls - not in the mood for dealing with men.
Brown, tan, or copper: Beach
Orange: Doing something creative (writing music and such)
Black: Feeling a bit..... dominant

Note: Beware of alternating colors. This often indicates split moods, which can be highly confusing to others.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2009, 11:17 AM
 
Location: Tampa (by way of Omaha)
13,964 posts, read 19,585,634 times
Reputation: 9267
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
My fella says he could not care less about nail polish/color/length, and most other guys don't give a rip about it either. So wear what you like.
Quoted for truth.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top