Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 01:40 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,029,399 times

Advertisements

Something funky. Like maybe a different colour for each nail, especially fluro and glow in the dark. Pink nail polish seems a bit juvenile, red can be a little, I dunno, strong? But yeah, it's not something I care much about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2009, 10:55 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,911,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
Some men find Corvette Red nail polish sexy and erotic - while some men find it trampy and are turned off by it.

Some men like a woman to have a nice clean French Manicure (to the clueless men, that's the white tipped nails) because it represents class or just because it's a clean look. Some men do not like it and prefer color.

- Clear polish
- Neon Pink or Neon Construction Orange
- Peach or Coral polish
- Browns/Deep browns
- Deep Blood Red - the Vampy look. . .
- Blue polish

The list goes on. . .

What polish visually appeals to you/turns you on - and what makes you crinkle your nose when you see it?

And guys - you are visual creatures - don't act like nothing is up in that coconut of yours and say that you have never noticed. . . because if your wife/GF had black polish with red tips and little rhinestones all over the tips of them for a dinner to go out with your boss or colleague(s)- and it was not part of a Halloween costume. . .
As long as it goes with what she is wearing I'm fine with it. What I think looks ghetto are the nails that are extended more than 1 inch off the finger. Nails with jewlery embedded also are whorish IMHO.

Old 07-21-2009, 08:01 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,560,593 times
It says she must not be very attractive. Why the hell would I even look at her nails?

Old 07-21-2009, 08:47 PM

2,702 posts, read 6,026,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
it says she must not be very attractive. Why the hell would i even look at her nails?
lmao....

Old 07-22-2009, 05:53 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,422,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
It says she must not be very attractive. Why the hell would I even look at her nails?
You don't look during handjobs

Old 07-22-2009, 06:15 AM

377 posts, read 1,063,122 times
I am a female and cannot understand the waste of time on this nail crap. How can you work outside in the garden, paint, refinish furniture, go camping, clean the house, groom the dog and yes saddle horses with your nails like that. I vote for just neatly clipped short and natural unpolished.

Old 07-22-2009, 07:05 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,422,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runrgirl View Post
I am a female and cannot understand the waste of time on this nail crap. How can you work outside in the garden, paint, refinish furniture, go camping, clean the house, groom the dog and yes saddle horses with your nails like that. I vote for just neatly clipped short and natural unpolished.
I wouldn't worry. Although I said in this thread its a turn on to have well manicured and Clean French Manicure def. preference.....99% of males who share my opinion just see it as a bonus. No big deal and plenty of other ways you can be attractive/turn on males if you so wish, than that.

Old 07-22-2009, 07:13 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,943,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
The only one that would make me take notice--and not necessarily in a positive way--is black.
Yeah, I smashed my thumb nail and the ladies have been giving me a hard time like I was trying to paint my nails black or something. I think they are the only ones that notice things like that.

My thoughts are that it depends on the outfit. Other than that it isn't something I notice. The more a natural, clear color the better. Red doesn't say sensual or anything to me. Even dark red lipstick isn't a turn on either.

Old 07-22-2009, 07:33 AM

2,043 posts, read 5,051,501 times
My nails are short to medium length and I am a nail polish junkie. I can't get enough of it. I follow all the nail polish trends and when a new color is deemed 'hot' by fashion mags, I go out and purchase it. I do my own nails and toe nails and most of the men, that I have encountered in my life, love the fact that I take time out to pamper myself and do my nails. They said it shows them that I take pride in my appearance and like to take care of myself.

Old 02-22-2010, 03:51 PM

1 posts, read 3,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
LOL! Yup, every time I see a woman with goofy long painted nails I wonder how can she saddle a horse...and, no, I'm not making fun of you , I had horses! To me, a woman with nails like that is not active or does much with her hands.... boring , uninteresting and not very sanitary....but it is time consuming and a waste of money!

I have horses (I'm a woman lol) and I paint my nails all the time, given they chip within a day due to grooming, tacking up and riding, but I think it's just something fun that can change your look thats not permanent. For some reason my boyfriend who rides horses with me likes teal on me, probably because it's his favorite color :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty