U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2010, 05:19 PM

2,653 posts, read 4,790,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
Some men find Corvette Red nail polish sexy and erotic - while some men find it trampy and are turned off by it.

Some men like a woman to have a nice clean French Manicure (to the clueless men, that's the white tipped nails) because it represents class or just because it's a clean look. Some men do not like it and prefer color.

- Clear polish
- Neon Pink or Neon Construction Orange
- Peach or Coral polish
- Browns/Deep browns
- Deep Blood Red - the Vampy look. . .
- Blue polish

The list goes on. . .

What polish visually appeals to you/turns you on - and what makes you crinkle your nose when you see it?

And guys - you are visual creatures - don't act like nothing is up in that coconut of yours and say that you have never noticed. . . because if your wife/GF had black polish with red tips and little rhinestones all over the tips of them for a dinner to go out with your boss or colleague(s)- and it was not part of a Halloween costume. . .
When I see a woman with elaborate nails - sparkles, designs, really long nails w/ flamboyant colors - I think "High Maintenance" and "Low Class". All Black = Punker, Goth and/or Weird.

Basically, I would'nt even notice a woman's nails unless someone was trying REAL hard to make sure I would. And I doubt I would be interested in a woman that wanted me to notice their nails.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2010, 05:41 PM

796 posts, read 1,644,785 times
My husband loves when I do my nails in a darker color (deep red, etc). He thinks it's sexy...besides, my hands and feet are so pale that if I use a light color, it looks like I have no nails at all!

Old 02-22-2010, 08:30 PM

2,536 posts, read 5,158,136 times
I always wear a French on my hands but I love to put color on my toes...nailpolish is fun & I've never had guys make comments on my nail color...

Old 02-22-2010, 08:41 PM

9,912 posts, read 12,623,202 times
It's funny how things change.

NOW that I've got the rock and everyone wants to look at my hands I'd say my nail colour says that I would be embarrassed to present unmanicured hands. BUT I'm still with the clear or french manicure. Subtle.

Old 02-22-2010, 08:57 PM

3,111 posts, read 7,155,986 times
As long as the nails aren't press ons, or 4" long, I don't care. I also don't like the airbrushed designs.

Old 02-23-2010, 03:37 PM

202 posts, read 412,745 times
Wow im surprised at some of the responses from the men. I'm a woman who likes to keep short nails because I enjoy doing things that would make it difficult to have long nails.

I always keep my nails clean, but I dont get manicures very often. I would have thought that guys would like so see nails all done up pretty and everythihng, like a lot of the women have who are in the salon every two weeks.

Old 02-23-2010, 03:43 PM

8,680 posts, read 13,537,548 times
I have birds. He has birds. Birds and nail polish do not mix. They either attack it or try to peel it off, which is unhealthy for them and painful for me.

However, he says he doesn't really care, as long as my hands don't look like his.

Old 02-23-2010, 03:48 PM

770 posts, read 775,205 times
I don't really contemplate a woman's nail color, mostly because I'm not gay. You're over-thinking the male species, sweety.

You know what does rule about women, though? Boobs.

Old 12-30-2011, 03:12 PM

1 posts, read 2,057 times
Wear what you want.

But men, just so you know; I saddle over 20 horses a day, ride them, groom them, and muck out their stalls; and I have french tips!

Old 12-30-2011, 03:16 PM

6,386 posts, read 5,588,112 times
I'm pretty sure in all the years we have been together, my SO has never noticed if I had on nail polish or not, much less the color, much less then formed an opinion of my character based on the color.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty