U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2009, 06:15 AM

7,269 posts, read 9,528,778 times

Advertisements

Some men find Corvette Red nail polish sexy and erotic - while some men find it trampy and are turned off by it.

Some men like a woman to have a nice clean French Manicure (to the clueless men, that's the white tipped nails) because it represents class or just because it's a clean look. Some men do not like it and prefer color.

- Clear polish
- Neon Pink or Neon Construction Orange
- Peach or Coral polish
- Browns/Deep browns
- Deep Blood Red - the Vampy look. . .
- Blue polish

The list goes on. . .

What polish visually appeals to you/turns you on - and what makes you crinkle your nose when you see it?

And guys - you are visual creatures - don't act like nothing is up in that coconut of yours and say that you have never noticed. . . because if your wife/GF had black polish with red tips and little rhinestones all over the tips of them for a dinner to go out with your boss or colleague(s)- and it was not part of a Halloween costume. . .
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2009, 06:22 AM

42,701 posts, read 45,339,375 times
Are you trying to decide what nail color to paint your nails? lol j/k

Old 07-18-2009, 06:55 AM

11,091 posts, read 13,404,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
Some men find Corvette Red nail polish sexy and erotic - while some men find it trampy and are turned off by it.

Some men like a woman to have a nice clean French Manicure (to the clueless men, that's the white tipped nails) because it represents class or just because it's a clean look. Some men do not like it and prefer color.

- Clear polish
- Neon Pink or Neon Construction Orange
- Peach or Coral polish
- Browns/Deep browns
- Deep Blood Red - the Vampy look. . .
- Blue polish

The list goes on. . .

What polish visually appeals to you/turns you on - and what makes you crinkle your nose when you see it?

And guys - you are visual creatures - don't act like nothing is up in that coconut of yours and say that you have never noticed. . . because if your wife/GF had black polish with red tips and little rhinestones all over the tips of them for a dinner to go out with your boss or colleague(s)- and it was not part of a Halloween costume. . .
Any of the above and it tells me that she probably wouldn't be to interested in helping me clean a saddle.

Old 07-18-2009, 06:58 AM

27,236 posts, read 42,006,520 times
The only one that would make me take notice--and not necessarily in a positive way--is black.

Old 07-18-2009, 07:00 AM

11,091 posts, read 13,404,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
The only one that would make me take notice--and not necessarily in a positive way--is black.
I agree....black is kinda spooky to me.

If I had to choose any as a favorite,I like clear the best,but since the smell of wet nail polish gives me an INSTANT headache,I don't much like any of it.

Old 07-18-2009, 07:45 AM

21,035 posts, read 19,871,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
Any of the above and it tells me that she probably wouldn't be to interested in helping me clean a saddle.
LOL! Yup, every time I see a woman with goofy long painted nails I wonder how can she saddle a horse...and, no, I'm not making fun of you , I had horses! To me, a woman with nails like that is not active or does much with her hands.... boring , uninteresting and not very sanitary....but it is time consuming and a waste of money!

Old 07-18-2009, 08:20 AM

18 posts, read 67,458 times
Hi Jeep. as long as a womans nails are not chewed down to the quik, any color but pink or black looks good, it's a womans personal choice, but well-groomed(not chewed) is attractive, period.

Old 07-18-2009, 08:59 AM

27,281 posts, read 34,187,321 times
My fella says he could not care less about nail polish/color/length, and most other guys don't give a rip about it either. So wear what you like.

Old 07-18-2009, 09:08 AM

2,716 posts, read 6,281,895 times
Honestly, who gives a **** about nail polish?

^^What a crapy 2000th post!

Old 07-18-2009, 09:14 AM

Location: I never said I was perfect so no refunds here sorry!
6,465 posts, read 6,314,917 times

To much color is gawdy and says she really dont know how to be a lady and please dont touch me with a wet chewed paw fresh outta your mouth.....eeeeew gross
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty