Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 03:52 PM

914 posts, read 4,435,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KodakMoment View Post
I am 5'8 with pretty long arms so finding a shirt with long sleeves that stay long is hard! Any suggestions?
This is my issue, too! One place I love to shop is GAP online. I like GAP's clothes because many of them are simple and classy, good things for a 20-something to wear. But what I really like about them is that almost all their shirts now come in "tall" sizes as well, with longer bodies and arms. (Bottoms comes in tall, too, but that isn't as hard to fine.) Especially during times when shorter shirt lengths are popular, this as been a lifesaver! (The other stores owned by the same company- Old Navy and Banana Republic- offer the tall styles as well.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2009, 06:48 PM

96 posts, read 336,431 times
I have the same problem and i'm 24! (except I am 5'5" so i would say tal). LOL i wear scrubs all week and I feel like when I walk in the juniors department now the styles have completely changed looks like rainbrow brite
I like aeropostale still but look forward to hearing other suggestions here.

Old 07-26-2009, 01:14 AM

1,806 posts, read 5,688,893 times
HEADS UP!
Just want to add that VS has a BUNCH of things on clearance for dirt cheap in tiny sizes and extra-long inseams (34", 36")...and that 40% off "one clearance item" helps...that ends tomorrow night.
They have a 'tall' selection, but I'm pulling them up from the regular clearance - seems all they have left is loooong. Too loooong for me.

Old 08-04-2009, 08:24 AM

133 posts, read 585,796 times
Thanks for all the suggestions. I got a chance to stop by New York & Co, Express, White House & Black Market and Ann Taylor Loft. I found a few casual dresses, and several nice tops! Old Navy and Forever 21 didn't really have anything to great at the time. I have yet to sit down and look at the Victoria secret store online in its entirety. Its not as expensive as I thought to purchase nice quality clothing.

Also, whats a good amount of clothing or number of full outfits to have? (Remember I have a closet full of the cheapo stuff that I've basically have just been collecting.) Whats considered a normal quantity and not overkill?

Old 08-04-2009, 10:20 AM

2,543 posts, read 4,866,490 times
I don't have a specific brand that I like. I just wear whatever is comfortable, cheap, fits good, and looks good on me.

But I do love those MUDD brand type jeans. They are cute and go with any color shirt you wear.

Old 09-02-2009, 07:02 PM

947 posts, read 1,637,366 times
I am a bit older now but when I was your age and I needed help because I am very tall and still figuring out my style this is what I did.
1. Bought the Big Fall and Spring issues of Vogue and Elle magazines, selected what I liked and tore the page out and put into a folder
2. Nest I went to a few higher end department and specialty stores and befriended a few salespeople that I thought were very stylish. They helped me immensely I showed them the pics that I had taken from the mags and they found similar items for me within my price range that suited by body type. They also made other suggestions and recommended finishing pieces/accessories. I bought investment pieces from them (e.g. black dresspants, pencil skirt, trenchcoat, classice wool sweaters, a silk blouse), a good classic handbag and a good pair of shoes. Classics that will never go out of style you are always a good investment.

3. The I bought at moderate to lower priced stores the accessories (earrings, belts, etc.) and tops and skirts that were more fad then classic (e.g. mini skirts, one sleeved tops, etc.).

This way I always had a good foundation with classic pieces and used the less expensive pieces to build out my wardrobe. The fad pieces were worn out by the time they fell out of favor with fashion.

Old 09-18-2009, 02:19 PM

12,769 posts, read 18,292,923 times
I'm 27 and I still shop in juniors...I am def. not unfashionable and I certainly don't dress like a youngin. I LOOK young b/c I have a young face, but the clothing in the misses and womens sections are just awful.

Old 09-18-2009, 02:20 PM

12,769 posts, read 18,292,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodakMoment View Post
Thanks for all the suggestions. I got a chance to stop by New York & Co, Express, White House & Black Market and Ann Taylor Loft. I found a few casual dresses, and several nice tops! Old Navy and Forever 21 didn't really have anything to great at the time. I have yet to sit down and look at the Victoria secret store online in its entirety. Its not as expensive as I thought to purchase nice quality clothing.

Also, whats a good amount of clothing or number of full outfits to have? (Remember I have a closet full of the cheapo stuff that I've basically have just been collecting.) Whats considered a normal quantity and not overkill?
You can never have too many outfits- especially shoes!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty