U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 12:17 AM

6,043 posts, read 13,369,959 times

Advertisements

Has anyone ever had this done? What was your experience like? How much did it cost? Do you regret having it done? A curious DD-girl with sore shoulders wants to know...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2009, 12:32 AM

22,141 posts, read 23,750,551 times
I have not had one but my mom had one and a good friend at work had one. They each had different procedures - my mom's was more of a liposuction procedure - less invasive than a typical reduction. Neither regretted it. My mom's procedure was less expensive I believe and my friend's was covered by insurance due to the pressure on her back and shoulders.....I don't know exactly how much either procedure was but I do know both felt so much better afterward - both physically and just being able to wear clothing that could fit properly,

Old 07-21-2009, 05:34 PM

6,043 posts, read 13,369,959 times
Thanks for sharing that... I think a lot of people - men especially, of course - would think a woman is crazy for wanting to go smaller... but I don't. I've got dents in my shoulders, and my neck is always sore. I'm a small to medium build person. I'm sort of between petite and average sized. My breasts, however, never got the memo that the rest of my body got to stop growing! For years I have tried getting professionally fitted by different places and people, but it never really helps. I have spent so much money on underwear... it's crazy. I might have even spent more on bras than the cost of the dang surgery to make the girls more agreeable! I'm really considering this... I guess I talk to my regular doctor first, huh? We have good insurance... it didn't even occur to me that it might be covered... Hmmm...

Old 07-21-2009, 06:18 PM

19,116 posts, read 27,203,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haggardhouseelf View Post
Thanks for sharing that... I think a lot of people - men especially, of course - would think a woman is crazy for wanting to go smaller... but I don't. I've got dents in my shoulders, and my neck is always sore. I'm a small to medium build person. I'm sort of between petite and average sized. My breasts, however, never got the memo that the rest of my body got to stop growing! For years I have tried getting professionally fitted by different places and people, but it never really helps. I have spent so much money on underwear... it's crazy. I might have even spent more on bras than the cost of the dang surgery to make the girls more agreeable! I'm really considering this... I guess I talk to my regular doctor first, huh? We have good insurance... it didn't even occur to me that it might be covered... Hmmm...
Regarding the insurance thing, every time you go into the doctor, tell him/her to write in your chart that your breast size is hindering motion and creating neck/shoulder/back pain. My best friends breast reduction was completely paid for except for a $35 copay She healed great, minimal scarring, they look AMAZING and her recovery time was fairly minimal (a week or so and she was back at work)

I'm planning on getting mine reduced (36FF/G depending on brand) when I lose 50 lbs. I'm 6'1 so they work with me, but I'd rather not have them.

Old 07-21-2009, 06:37 PM

179 posts, read 494,375 times
I was of the opposite situation and decided to get implants. I'm not sure if the cost is similar, but I spent $4,500 for my surgery. Also not sure about the pain factor, but I got it done on a Saturday morning and was back to work (office type work) on Wednesday. It was great! And I feel happier with my appearance, I did not go too big at all, just something that would fit my frame better. It has really improved my confidence with myself, and I did it for me - not anyone else.

It was great to have my friends' support too. I told my mom about it about a month beforehand and she told me I was stupid and I don't think she believed me. I got it done in February and I don't think she has noticed, she has never commented at all....! But I am happy and that's all that matters to me!

Old 07-21-2009, 06:47 PM

definitely work with your primary care physician. I think more and more people are realizing the toll that large breasts can take on your back and shoulders.....

Old 07-21-2009, 06:54 PM

3,917 posts, read 7,047,529 times
I know I am beginning to think of it, too. Last week I went to a massage therapist and she worked on me for TWO hours to get the pain out of my shoulders, neck and back. I also go to the chiropractor at least once a month. Looks aside, if you're in pain, you can't do anything and life's no fun! Thanks for the info about the primary care physician. I think my insurance would cover it. I am dieting so I can consult a doctor about it, but I want to see if I can lose some weight and if that will help me feel better.

Old 07-22-2009, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Above all, I am for natural and God given physical attributes.
Even if those attributes are causing you pain? For many women, having large breasts becomes a health issue. Over time the extra weight can cause back and shoulder pain. No person I know WANTS to undergo surgery, but after years of hauling around pounds and pounds of weight - especially on a small frame - it really starts to take it's toll - which is why health insurance does cover some reductions.

Old 07-22-2009, 08:53 AM

13,383 posts, read 41,354,023 times
I had a good friend who had breast reduction surgery many, many years ago when she was still in her 20's. She was very attractive but her short stature combined with her buxom chest just weighed her down, literally and figuratively.
She had chronic back ache and deep ruts in her shoulders from her bra straps.
The surgery changed her life so much for the better.

Old 07-22-2009, 12:52 PM

8,415 posts, read 35,898,388 times
Do you think you can drop your body fat at all? I feel a lot better since I do more back exercises and dropped by bodyfat and went down a cup size. I still have to do back exercises but whatever. My back looks awesome. LOL

Try all things before getting chopped into would be my advice. Nothing bad comes out of being healthier and working your muscles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty