Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 04:34 PM

4,627 posts, read 10,472,373 times

Advertisements

Almond oil, olive oil....both absolutely great for skin.

mrschilicook - isn't Renova the same thing as tretinoin cream? Have you tried getting your prescription from Canada? I just checked online and it seems substantially less expensive than obtaining it from US drugstores.

I used tretinon for a short while, but it was really harsh on my skin. Do you use moisturizer with it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2009, 11:16 AM

111 posts, read 258,688 times
Precision Ultra Correction Restructuring Anti-Wrinkle Firming Night Cream. A luxurious cream to rejuvenate skin. Lifts up skin & prevents loss of firmness. Boosts skin metabolism to fight & minimize wrinkles.

Shiseido is an ultra-rich, age-defense eye cream that protects skin from dehydration and dramatically minimizes the appearance of wrinkles and lines to promote a youthfully smooth, radiant look. Recommended for dry and very dry skin.

Old 08-02-2009, 11:36 AM

6,266 posts, read 19,166,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesFex View Post
Precision Ultra Correction Restructuring Anti-Wrinkle Firming Night Cream. A luxurious cream to rejuvenate skin. Lifts up skin & prevents loss of firmness. Boosts skin metabolism to fight & minimize wrinkles.

Shiseido is an ultra-rich, age-defense eye cream that protects skin from dehydration and dramatically minimizes the appearance of wrinkles and lines to promote a youthfully smooth, radiant look. Recommended for dry and very dry skin.
is it sold in stores? If so,where?
thanks

Old 08-16-2009, 07:22 PM

2,187 posts, read 8,008,315 times
My dermatologist recommended CeraVe to me and I love it. No greasiness at all and it moisturizes very well. I have dry skin that flares up with excema. It is fragrance free and hypo allergenic. you can find it at most drug stores. I bought mine at Wal Mart where they keep it behind the pharmacists counter so you have to ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Hanson View Post
I found a anti-aging/wrinkle cream that I absolutely love after years of searching!! Hubby has so many allergies that cause his skin to be unbelieveably dry. I bought this for him and ended up trying it and won't use anything else now....204Studios. Now, what I really wish I could find is a non-greasy body lotion. Any suggestions?

Old 08-17-2009, 05:22 PM

36,420 posts, read 16,030,417 times
I am always searching for new skin care and lately, I have been searching for non-expensive skin care that is organic but contains everything I need. After using Philosophy and others I have found Skin Perfection Radiance Moisture containing, A,C,E and Niacin. I can't even pronounce the things that are in "Hope in a Jar", but I can with this stuff, plus they sent me samples of 2 other products.

Old 09-19-2009, 10:53 AM

96 posts, read 380,763 times
Have you tried Avon's Anew product line? I love it. Full refund, too, if not happy with product.

Old 01-25-2010, 10:44 PM

40 posts, read 116,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TootsieWootsie View Post
Any suggestions for the best products out there for mature skin (60 y.o. skin)?
Normal skin and not quite dry yet, but need good products that fight crepe neck from coming and wrinkles from forming.
Am willing to spend the money IF the products are great and really do their job. Need a good neck cream and night cream especially. It's h*ll getting older, but I plan to fight it all the way to the grave!!!
Wrinkles form due to dryness of the skin (loss of moisture) and loss of collagen, as we age. If you keep you skin moisturized, you can keep your wrinkles at bay, for a good while. Once the wrinkles arrive, there is nothing you can do, short of surgery/laser, to get rid of them. You may be able to purchase products that will plump the skin so that they are less observable, but they will never go away. Try AmLactin 12%. Keeps your skin soft. As for the crepe neck...I think that is inevitable. Not much we can do about the loose, saggy skin, when we start aging. The best advice my mom gave me as a young woman, was to start taking care of my skin once I reached 25. I did and it has paid off bigtime. She bought me my first bottle of moisturizer and I never looked back.

Old 01-26-2010, 12:29 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Put me down as another Oil of Olay (Sensitive) lady.

Both my mother and grandmother had fabulous skin. And that was all they used so I've been following their lead since I was 16. I've had dermatologists ask what I use.

My mother's other trick was to put on hand lotion every time she washed her hands. They were like silk. She also had a drink of water ever time she was at the kitchen sink. So I'm doing that too and so far so good in the nice skin department!

p.s. I'm Irish and Polish so never was able to tan. Just burned so I just stayed out of the sun. How thankful am I for that now? Maybe the Scarlett O'Hara look was never in style, but I think it paid off for me!

Have to add, since I live where it gets tremendously hot, that I use sun screen and I use it often even though I may just be going from the house to the car or store or wherever. But, come to think of it, I've been using it for years.

Old 01-26-2010, 01:26 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,034,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann in Oriental View Post
Well I just turned 59. I think actually there are quite a few older women here but I rarely see them posting on this forum. Now don't anyone yell at me but from what I have observed in my life is that MOST (over 50%) women stop being real concerned with beauty stuff around the time they become grandparents. That could be 40 or 60. Of course not all of us are that way but where most younger (under 35) women seem to really care I think a lot of older women have different priorities. I however am not one of those...I still REALLY care which may be unfortunate as it sometimes seems to be a losing battle.
Too many of us are sporting the GrandmaGaveUp look. Unfortunate.

Then there's the SantaClausOldGuyGaveUp look. Especially when the nose hair grows into the mustache.

Old 07-10-2010, 06:56 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TootsieWootsie View Post
Any suggestions for the best products out there for mature skin (60 y.o. skin)?
Normal skin and not quite dry yet, but need good products that fight crepe neck from coming and wrinkles from forming.
Am willing to spend the money IF the products are great and really do their job. Need a good neck cream and night cream especially. It's h*ll getting older, but I plan to fight it all the way to the grave!!!
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:I...Bcorrector.jpg

I bought this for my mom. She wanted it for a her b-day. She loves it. I tried it too, it worked on my scars on the face for bad pimples. It's really good stuff. It is 50 dollars but worth it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty