Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 09:06 PM

211 posts, read 501,176 times

Advertisements

i may be the only youngster here posting this but what you all talk about is really admiring. I am 25 years old (will be 26 Tuesday!) i was never face fantic til 4 years ago when i started developing periodal dermitis. since then i have to be supppper sensitive about what i put on my face and luckily i am alot like my father he's 56 years old and just now hes started looking older but the thing is i dont even smoke(allergic) and drink plenty of water a day! i look like i am 20 to most but what you all say again is very admireable!

i currently use vitamin e ointment from gnc (its like 4 dollars) and aveeno during the day since those 2 are the only stuff that doesnt cause skin breakouts.

i used to use alot of expensive stuff but those expensive stuff caused alot of facial problems< i had to get rid of them under doctors orders, so those expensive stuff sometimes arent always good for you. seeing a dermitogolist is always helpful in my opinion regards to your face!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2010, 10:12 PM

3 posts, read 4,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skaternum View Post
Olay Regenerist got a great writeup by Consumer Reports. I use the line, and I've been very happy with it.
Hi Skaternum,
I too am using Olay Regenerist micro sculpting cream, and have used other Olay products. I am 64, and would love to find a great neck cream. I have been satisfied with the Olay products, but do not know if they have a neck cream that works for ladies in my age range.

C.D.

Old 10-16-2010, 07:24 PM

1,236 posts, read 4,047,044 times
Cool Save your money on cosmetics !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TootsieWootsie View Post
Any suggestions for the best products out there for mature skin (60 y.o. skin)?
Normal skin and not quite dry yet, but need good products that fight crepe neck from coming and wrinkles from forming.
Am willing to spend the money IF the products are great and really do their job. Need a good neck cream and night cream especially. It's h*ll getting older, but I plan to fight it all the way to the grave!!!
IMHO ~ TAKE all that $$$$$ spent on cosmetics which don't work ~ and spend it on high quality natural (unprocessed) food ~ pure water ~ and organic soap

Stay out of the sun, except for a minimum absorption for Vitamin D

IMHO ~ If your skin is already messed up by years of abuse and eating the wrong foods, reversal won't be accomplished by cosmetic products.

I speak from experience; age 72 and nice skin, in spite of 30+ years living in s/Florida

Old 10-16-2010, 07:36 PM

50,340 posts, read 63,918,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TootsieWootsie View Post
Any suggestions for the best products out there for mature skin (60 y.o. skin)?
Normal skin and not quite dry yet, but need good products that fight crepe neck from coming and wrinkles from forming.
Am willing to spend the money IF the products are great and really do their job. Need a good neck cream and night cream especially. It's h*ll getting older, but I plan to fight it all the way to the grave!!!
I am 62, and I just needed to consult a plastic surgeon to have something lasered off my face, and I was reminded that most plastic surgeons and dermatologists have products for advanced skin care. Once I get done paying for my procedure, I think I'll go have an evaluation by the skin care folks at his office. I'm thinking that once I have their opinion on what is needed and what the ingredients are in the professional products, then I can perhaps find cheaper similar products at the drug store.

Old 10-16-2010, 07:40 PM

50,340 posts, read 63,918,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.D. View Post
Hi Skaternum,
I too am using Olay Regenerist micro sculpting cream, and have used other Olay products. I am 64, and would love to find a great neck cream. I have been satisfied with the Olay products, but do not know if they have a neck cream that works for ladies in my age range.

C.D.
You know what I've noticed though? Even those women who have had expensive plastic surgery on their faces still seem to have crinkly old necks. It makes me think there is no fix for this, or they would have had that fixed too.

I think it just boils down to picking the right parents. I have an 83 year old aunt who is unlined and beautiful, so I'm hoping to have some of her traits.

Old 03-01-2011, 03:51 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,282,934 times
*Retin-a
*Skin Biology Copper Peptides
*Clarisonic or microfiber cloth
*TCA peels from MUAC
*NCN proskincare.com in general
*Devita Sunscreen
*Garden of Wisdom for serums, cleansers etc.
*Baby Quasar LED light device

Old 03-01-2011, 03:53 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,161,565 times
Raw oatmeal.
Water.
Mix into paste.
Apply to face.
Wait 15 minutes.
Rinse thoroughly.
Apply moisturizer.
Repeat once a week.

Old 03-01-2011, 06:36 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,161,565 times
Rose Kennedy wore frownies.

(The things I know.)

Old 03-01-2011, 06:36 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,282,934 times
^^^ I have never used Frownies, have heard a lot if good things about them. I rely on the Tua Viso for the diy facelift effect & skincare for skin building & glow. Really works.

Old 03-05-2011, 07:55 PM

1,100 posts, read 3,011,368 times
Mary Kay all the way! I have been using the Mary Kay skin product line for years and years. I am 44 years old and I am constantly being complimented on my clear, glowing complexion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty