U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2009, 09:13 PM

214 posts, read 548,932 times

Advertisements

Hey All. Has anyone ever tried a pineapple/papaya facial mask? I saw a recipe on-line and it seem promising. I'm an Afro American (this can be important when dealing with skin issues) guy who has over the years, gotten dark spots on my jaws and under my chin from shaving. I was thinking of getting a chemical peel to get my skin "started" over again. However, I don't want to spend a lot of money (plus I'm too lazy to find a dermatologist ). It seems easy enough to make but I'd still like to hear about any tips and results. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2009, 02:08 AM

15 posts, read 55,064 times
pineapple enzymes are so strong that they can visibly dissolve fingerprintsfrom the workers who cut them for a living...i'd be cautious using such extreme measures if i were you. maybe test it our on a less obvious part of your body, like the inside of your thigh, which has skin as delicate as the skin on your face.

Old 07-27-2009, 12:58 PM

15 posts, read 70,795 times
yes these work great and you can get them at many different places too.
http://www.self-confdence-coach.com/flashstuff/images/11.gif (broken link)
http://www.self-confdence-coach.com/flashstuff/images/10.gif (broken link)

Old 07-27-2009, 02:46 PM

2,637 posts, read 11,177,389 times
African Americans are known to experience hyperpigmentation and sometimes scarring from some peeling products that work great on Caucasians. Please reconsider that dermatologist - or really if you have no other issues a good aesthetician that is experienced with AA skin. Good luck.

Old 07-27-2009, 04:24 PM

214 posts, read 548,932 times
Thanks for the advice but just in case I wasn't clear, when I said pineapple/papaya mask, I meant the fruit that we eat just blended together and put on the face for like 10-20 min. Sort of like an avocado mask for the hair. Not a drugstore kind of mask or peel. I just wanted to use something natural. I don't like to always use "da mans" (commercial) products . I think many of our ancestors had some things right . But all advice is appreciated.

PS - I was thinking about adding aloe or oats if I do it.

Old 07-27-2009, 04:33 PM

1,888 posts, read 7,237,729 times
Regardless of the mask that you use, remember to wear sunscreen during the day (if you don't already). The chemicals will make your freshly exfoliated skin more sensitive to the sun causing severe burns and possibly making the dark marks darker.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty