U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 09:07 AM

7,763 posts, read 14,662,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
seriously though, I don't think you should do this right before your wedding day!
Experimenting with tanning salons and such should have been done way before.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
She's not getting married - she's just going to a wedding.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
ohhhhhhhhh...........my bad.
Still though, before I go to anything like that, I experiment a couple weeks before.

LOL...my husband always makes fun of me for doing drastic things right before an event.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2009, 06:47 PM

2,179 posts, read 4,418,486 times
i have had that done 3x and each time was worse then the next.

i have paid like 35 though for someone at the salon to spray me and those tans looked really nice!!! its about 10 bucks more than a mistic, but to me i got the exact results i wanted with them.

Old 08-03-2009, 08:11 PM

150 posts, read 801,261 times
Got the Mystic Tan before our beach vacation. $35 a session, I figured 2 would be enough. I knew it wouldn't protect me from burning but I didn't want to blind anyone by the brightness of my pale skin. Went on a Thursday and got what they called their "standard' spray. Be sure to use the footies as it's slick getting in/out of the booth and don't skip the pre spray blending lotion that keeps the color from staining your palms and between your fingers. The next day I was happy with the color but.... I am no young thing and I've lost 130lbs over the past few years so to say I have a few sagging/wrinkled areas is enough said. I had visible lines around my knees from wrinkles I guess I just didn't know I had. I noticed this the next day when I was sitting at my desk. Definite white lines. I went back on Saturday (we were flying out on Sunday)and was told they ran out of the standard color and I was being upgraded. I was careful this time to try to avoid the wrinkles by adjusting my stance. On Sunday the color was dark yellow/orange/brown and obviously not natural. The "upgraded" color just wasn't for me.

That said, I would probably do the standard spray again, just once, for a special event. But you really do have to follow the instructions they give you: wear footies, use the blending lotion and towel dry afterwards(I think that would have smoothed away some of those weird white lines I suffered).

Old 08-04-2009, 12:11 PM

2,406 posts, read 7,075,340 times
I mystic tan every week. I never look blotchy! I wonder what it is....maybe I exfoliate better beforehand than some of the other posters?

I used to live somewhere with many options for airbrushing. I would get it done often but I found it only lasted a few days and THAT was definitely blotchy when it started wearing off.

The mystic tan also lasts about 5-7 days on me and fades off very naturally.

Old 08-05-2009, 02:37 PM

6,043 posts, read 13,364,418 times
If it's just your pale legs that you feel uncomfortable with, buy some good quality pantyhose for the occasion. Or lay out in the sun for the next few days before the wedding... I know just an hour out in the sunshine helps me feel less ghostly!

You can reuse pantyhose time and time again and you're not paying lots of money to have weird chemically treatments that may or may not last a few days (and may also stain your dress). I hate wearing pantyhose, so I'm surprising myself even recommending this, but in the given situation it seems like the most logical, frugal, and safe thing to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty