U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 05:47 PM

8,415 posts, read 35,866,741 times

Advertisements

Do these exist? I know how to get it out but ugh! The clear ones do not work at all for me or the s.o.... Am I doomed to be a pit de-yellower forever?

I really hate this about laundry day because its one of those stains you do not see much until it is dry and then it is even worse.
Plus it kinda makes me ill to think of layers of deoderant build up on the fabric.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2009, 06:11 PM

42,837 posts, read 80,107,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
Do these exist? I know how to get it out but ugh! The clear ones do not work at all for me or the s.o.... Am I doomed to be a pit de-yellower forever?

I really hate this about laundry day because its one of those stains you do not see much until it is dry and then it is even worse.
Plus it kinda makes me ill to think of layers of deoderant build up on the fabric.
Hmm, that's the first time I hear deodorants yellow shirts... I always thought sweat did. I'm even surprised you can get the stains out. I've had this happen on white shirts and it pretty much means it's time for their retirement party...

Old 08-06-2009, 06:35 PM

20,419 posts, read 38,698,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Hmm, that's the first time I hear deodorants yellow shirts... I always thought sweat did
That's what I was taught too!

Old 08-06-2009, 06:42 PM

Tide + lestoil = It wipes it right out. It can be from sweat and deoderants. I used to work at a drycleaners so I guess I am a pro...LOL

They made this dry cleaning fluid that would take sharpies out of clothing and the pits but I do not get that anymore as I do not live up near there and it is toxic stuff.

Old 08-06-2009, 07:46 PM

627 posts, read 1,198,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Hmm, that's the first time I hear deodorants yellow shirts... I always thought sweat did..
Supposedly its your sweat mixed with the deodorant that causes the pit stains. It has to do with all of the acid levels in your body and the deodorant. For your body to be balanced, youre supposed to maintain a 80% alkalinity/20% acidity level. By eating a diet of foods higher in alkaline foods then you can balance out your levels and it will cause less acid in your body which will then help prevent the pit stains from even ever appearing Food that are high in alkaline include Raw spinach, beet greens, molasses, celery, dried figs, carrots, lettuce, lima beans, cabbage, brocolli, blah blah blah blah.. Ill finish my ramble here since this is really about deodorant
I personally use Dove smooth cashmere and dont have a pit stain problem, but then again it could be because of the diet as well... idk

Old 08-06-2009, 07:51 PM

Yeh...I love the dove too but it makes my lymph nodes swell!

I swear deoderant is the most ANNOYING thing to shop for. I still have not found "the one!"

Mitchum is so bad for it...

I do eat a lot of greens but it never makes a difference on me or the s.o. You know though...it could be the coffee we drink like mad...Hmmm...Also it is much worse when he is dieting and losing weight. That makes your body acidic...Very neat share-o Kdub! ☺

Old 08-06-2009, 07:55 PM

627 posts, read 1,198,023 times
Quote:
Yeh...I love the dove too but it makes my lymph nodes swell!

I swear deoderant is the most ANNOYING thing to shop for. I still have not found "the one!"

Mitchum is so bad for it...

I do eat a lot of greens but it never makes a difference on me or the s.o. You know though...it could be the coffee we drink like mad...Hmmm...Also it is much worse when he is dieting and losing weight. That makes your body acidic...Very neat share-o Kdub! ☺

Kdub! Thanks for the new nickname!! <3 it!!! Have you tried any of the natural deodorants like Tom's?? I know some of them smell like ish but theyre worth a shot right?! Deodorant is definitely annoying to shop for, its good to find a brand that you can work with and stick to it... you also spend less time huffing all of them in the aisle then I have an entire list of the alkaline foods and their values if anyone is ever interested... my massage teacher passed it out a while back and I think it has great value!!

Old 08-06-2009, 08:56 PM

42,837 posts, read 80,107,405 times
Quote:
lestoil
What the heck is that?

Guess I just found out, so I'm sharing for the benefit of the rest who might not know: Buy Lestoil Concentrated Heavy Duty Cleaner Online at drugstore.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdubose View Post
Food that are high in alkaline include Raw spinach, beet greens, molasses, celery, dried figs, carrots, lettuce, lima beans, cabbage, broccoli, blah blah blah blah..
Yada, yada, yada... Out of all those, I only eat broccoli.

I like this deodorant myself: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...A280_SH20_.jpg

Old 08-08-2009, 02:34 PM

6,473 posts, read 14,232,305 times
I think it's the aluminum in the antiperspirant that yellows the underarms. If you sweat more than a little, then this stuff is likely to be suspended in liquid and get a chance to react with the fabric on the shirt. I think any deodorant (will not stop the sweating) that does not contain aluminum will stop the yellow stains. I use prescription antiperspirant once every one or two weeks. This stops sweat under the arms, and I haven't had any yellow shirt stains since then. I use perfume, or Toms of Maine or Weleda for freshness. Maybe you can talk to your doctor and see what would be a good option.

Old 09-03-2009, 10:54 AM

15 posts, read 33,905 times
kinkytoes (crazy name) is right. Find ones NOT containing aluminum.

My husband sweats like a gorilla from his line of work and he would get yellow pits all the time. He started testing some natural deodorants and he found one that works like a dream!!! The one he loves is sold at the grocery store called: Arm & Hammer Essentials Natural Deodorant. It does NOT contain aluminum which makes your pits yellow. Now....no yellow pits on his white t-shirts! And he isn't stinky all the time either. Good for me!

I hope it works for you....but then again you may be more of a gorilla than he is...

Good luck and have a great day!

Izzy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty