U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 04:26 PM

3,850 posts, read 6,863,161 times

Advertisements

Ooh! Lava soap on the face?? Wow. Hey, if it works!! I have used ivory soap in a pinch, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racelady88 View Post
In the summer my face gets very oily. I spend a lot of time outside in a less than clean environment (I ride horses). Some days I clean with Witch Hazel and some days I scrub with Lava Soap, then follow with Witch Hazel. Sounds harsh, but it works for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2009, 04:31 PM

1,888 posts, read 7,237,729 times
I have oily skin so I don't like anything creamy or foamy. I'm happy with cleansing gels. I swear by PURPOSE. It's so simple and basic but it takes ALL of my makeup off. It claims its as gentle as soap. I'm happy with anything that can take off my makeup, doesn't strip my skin and won't leave any residue. Neutrogena is just harsh. It takes me from oily to dry in one wash. My skin has literally peeled after a week of using Neutrogena Deep Clean.

Old 08-11-2009, 04:49 PM
EB2

1,927 posts, read 5,524,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prettygyrl777 View Post
I have oily skin so I don't like anything creamy or foamy. I'm happy with cleansing gels. I swear by PURPOSE. It's so simple and basic but it takes ALL of my makeup off. It claims its as gentle as soap. I'm happy with anything that can take off my makeup, doesn't strip my skin and won't leave any residue. Neutrogena is just harsh. It takes me from oily to dry in one wash. My skin has literally peeled after a week of using Neutrogena Deep Clean.
That's strange...I have very sensitive facial skin, and it hasn't made me peel....yet

Old 08-11-2009, 04:56 PM

I forgot about Purpose!! I should try that next, I;m using a scrubby/creamy cleanser now, but I don't like it. I miss the foam!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prettygyrl777 View Post

Old 08-11-2009, 04:59 PM

I've never peeled behind Neutrogena either, wonder if there's a certain ingredient that she's sensitive to? If has Salycilic Acid, that could be the culprit. Perhaps the old fashioned, clear, brown bar soap would be gentler?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EB2 View Post
That's strange...I have very sensitive facial skin, and it hasn't made me peel....yet

Old 08-11-2009, 06:08 PM

31,187 posts, read 34,348,930 times
Clearasil Daily Face Wash. Foams up, takes off everything, rinses off completely.

Old 08-11-2009, 10:42 PM

2,179 posts, read 4,415,457 times
i have combination skin and have been using desert essence thoroughly clean face wash for a couple of years now and that is the only wash i will ever use! i had horrible skin as a teen and wish i knew about this then!

Old 08-12-2009, 04:01 PM

8,415 posts, read 35,864,529 times
It depends on what make-up and moisture product I am using.

Currently with summer air: Mineral makeup, no face lotion
Method: Olive oil massage to cleanse, dawn anti-bacterial to rinse (a drop all lathered up in my hands)
Exfoliate: just gentle daily with a fresh scrubby cloth
Breakouts: honey glob

I use more lotions and things in the winter and that seems to make me need a toner. I just use organic tea tree oil. Just a drop on a fresh wet washcloth (100% cotton) and rinse it through. It seems to get whatever the facewash didn't in the winter time. My skin is a lot more dry in the winter air. I was thinking of trying a cream one this winter.

Old 08-12-2009, 04:49 PM

interesting, you use Dawn on your face? Hmmm. I have used olive oil before, but with my skin being so oily as it is, I have only done it a few times. It really melts makeup off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
It depends on what make-up and moisture product I am using.

Currently with summer air: Mineral makeup, no face lotion
Method: Olive oil massage to cleanse, dawn anti-bacterial to rinse (a drop all lathered up in my hands)
Exfoliate: just gentle daily with a fresh scrubby cloth
Breakouts: honey glob

I use more lotions and things in the winter and that seems to make me need a toner. I just use organic tea tree oil. Just a drop on a fresh wet washcloth (100% cotton) and rinse it through. It seems to get whatever the facewash didn't in the winter time. My skin is a lot more dry in the winter air. I was thinking of trying a cream one this winter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty