U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Ladies what is your makeup style?
No make up at all 15 14.56%
I only wear lip gloss 6 5.83%
I wear eye make up with lip gloss 11 10.68%
I go all out with the make up (powder, gloss, eye makeup, blush) 35 33.98%
I only wear eyeliner 2 1.94%
I only wear make up when going somewhere nice 12 11.65%
I only wear lip gloss when going somewhere nice 1 0.97%
I only wear eye shadow 0 0%
I only wear foundation 4 3.88%
other (please explain) 17 16.50%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 11:52 AM

2,375 posts, read 5,444,687 times

Advertisements

No makeup here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2009, 06:28 PM

1,888 posts, read 7,240,384 times
I wear NOTHING on my skin (nothing at all). I feel like I'm wearing a mask if I put on foundation, powder or anything like that. I haven't worn that stuff in years. I use a mattifying liquid to keep the oil away. I live in so. florida so it's a hassle to wear a ton of makeup in this heat and humidity. I think I have really pretty eyes so I LOVE mascara. I usually skip the eye shadow and just highlight my brow bone for an effect. I save the lipstick for nights out or going somewhere special. My lipbalm is usually chapstick or anything with an SPF.

Old 08-11-2009, 10:27 PM

3,469 posts, read 7,268,112 times
I wear a little makeup just about everyday. I think light foundation/powder, blush, eyeliner, mascara, and lip color is pretty basic, not going all out. I meet few women who don't wear most of that, at least the ones who look presentable. If I am going to something "special", then I will wear eyeshadow or a more dramatic lip color.

All the women in my family wear makeup in public, and they look a LOT younger than most women their age, with significantly less sun damage. I think the foundation helped protect their skin from the sun and elements.

I've also had more than one man (not gay) compliment me on my makeup and say I wear just the right amount. The myth that men don't like any makeup is just that - a myth.

Old 08-11-2009, 10:40 PM

2,179 posts, read 4,417,020 times
lol i was surprised a lot of us do the whole thing! i always tell myself i will only wear tinted moisturizer, but then i cant resist my eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, and blot powder.

Old 08-11-2009, 10:44 PM

22,138 posts, read 23,721,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
I use all the goodies - but it looks natural - nothing like Tammy Faye Bakker. I do my makeup when I go to work, out to dinners or any special functions where I want to look my best.... But if I'm just doing local stuff - going to the grocery store, gym, running errands, etc. I don't wear any makeup at all because I just want to wake up, get showered, brush my teeth, get dressed and GO.
Pretty much as Twinkle Toes said (except I'm not a dancer so no competititons to worry about)

Old 08-12-2009, 08:35 AM

13,383 posts, read 41,337,692 times
I usually wear lipstick, and I periodically get my eyelashes tinted.

If I am going somewhere special, I might add eyeliner/mascara.

That's about it.

Old 08-13-2009, 12:02 PM

1,921 posts, read 5,214,087 times
If I'm going to the store, I wear a little powder, and eyeliner. I also use Burt's Bees lip balm, (the replenishing with pomegranate oil, so it has a very slight tint). When I was younger, I used to do the whole makeup scenario, but at 48, I've long since come to my senses. It's not worth the time and trouble. I'm neat and clean when I go out, the powder gets rid of the shine, the liner adds just a little to my eyes, and the lip balm keeps my lips soft, and puts a tiny bit of color to them. I find that to be sufficient. I may not look like a Hollywood starlet, but, neither do I resemble Quasimodo, so I figure folks can stand to look at me. If not, well, there's four main compass directions, plus myriad degrees in between to choose from, for their viewing pleasure.

Old 08-13-2009, 12:29 PM

1,532 posts, read 2,375,109 times
I wear the whole thing! But, I wear it with a more natural look to it. I use a brush for my eyeshadow so it doesn't look thick. Sometimes if I am just around the house, and don't feel like going through the hassle I will only wear powder.

Old 08-13-2009, 01:39 PM

3,885 posts, read 7,439,389 times
It depends on the occasion, if I'm running to the store then just mascara and lip gloss (I have a slight Buxom Babes gloss addiction.), but if I'm going out, I've started favoring the retro glam look.

Old 08-13-2009, 06:42 PM

1,806 posts, read 5,169,826 times
My skin is so dry and sensitive now that regular usage of cosmetics is undesirable...every flaw is amplified instead of erased. Where did those wrinkles come from!?
I'm bare-skinned except for portraits that might wash me out to the point of invisibility. Then I'll accent the eyes and blush, but so much more delicately than I used to.

Still searching a for facial moisturizer...the Clinique 'different' line is great - no reaction, but $. Eeeks.

My everyday is either Burt's balm or Chapstick Natural. That's it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or