U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Ladies what is your makeup style?
No make up at all 15 14.56%
I only wear lip gloss 6 5.83%
I wear eye make up with lip gloss 11 10.68%
I go all out with the make up (powder, gloss, eye makeup, blush) 35 33.98%
I only wear eyeliner 2 1.94%
I only wear make up when going somewhere nice 12 11.65%
I only wear lip gloss when going somewhere nice 1 0.97%
I only wear eye shadow 0 0%
I only wear foundation 4 3.88%
other (please explain) 17 16.50%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 12:26 PM

8,415 posts, read 35,928,171 times

Advertisements

I do it all if I am leaving the house. Around the house its usually a mineral make-up + vegan lip balm. Sometimes I do it all for sitting around the house too if I am bored. I only go nakey face when I have a breakout/ feel ill. I went through and anti-make up phase. I got over it.

I am not a glooper though. I like 50's crisp classic make-up, runway smudgey looks, simple clean with contour/highlights (like a ballerina doll but not actual stage ballet makeup)

I like a lot of the new colors/products coming out lately. The phase before this was just a little too bright and glitter bomb.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2009, 01:38 PM
miu

17,374 posts, read 35,356,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04glow View Post
I like the natural look and it has worked for me in terms of why I look much younger than my age, plus I am addicted to water.
I'm the same way. And I am mistaken for a graduate student all of the time.

I think that by avoiding eye makeup, the skin around my eyes stayed tight and unwrinkled. I use a moisturizer with sunblock and try to stay out of the sun.

Old 08-15-2009, 06:55 PM

2,745 posts, read 13,275,417 times
I generally don't bother. I am a lip balm freak, because my lips get very chapped (combo of the blistering sun and the fact that I breathe through my mouth at night)... I love tinted natural lip balms with shea butter. Sunblock is a must, all over.

Other than that, nah. I did buy and was enjoying the natural look of some mineral makeup, before my DD dumped it all over the bathroom. I'm too cheap to buy more (it was a gift, and was expensive)... I might someday but it's not a priority.

I wore makeup for my son's graduation, and will wear it for my wedding, but when I do it's a very classic "pin up" style. Porcelain skin, ruby red lips, heavy/thick lashes.

I grew up wearing makeup from age 13 on. I used to never leave the house without it, thought I looked horrible without it, etc. Then I had kids and quit messing with it... my skin cleared up after years of problems. My mom can't stand that I don't wear makeup though, she just won't drop it, but I think I look fine without it and honestly when I do wear it I feel kind of odd.

I think I have very few eye wrinkles because there's no daily stress to the area (from applying and removing makeup). I avoid the sun, drink lots of water, wear sunglasses and/or hats when outside.

Old 08-15-2009, 07:03 PM

537 posts, read 265,271 times
The works, but I make it look "natural."

Old 08-16-2009, 12:24 PM

7,648 posts, read 15,856,763 times
On an average day: moisturizer with sun block and lip gloss with sunblock. I take two drugs that make me extremely photosensitive and I turn red in the sun quickly, so: big hats, long sleeves for me.

Special occasions: liquid foundation, eye shadow, lipstick.

I'm not one to give a damn what other people think. I dress and wear makeup (or not) for what pleases me and what I think looks good.

Old 08-16-2009, 12:44 PM

1,743 posts, read 4,097,478 times
I tend to go all out... but when I was in high school, I WAY overdid it...back then I was trying to hide zits as well, not sure that was the best approach.

Old 08-16-2009, 07:49 PM

55 posts, read 167,823 times
I selected "Other" because while I typically do wear everything (foundation, mineral concealer, powder, blush, eyeliner, mascara) anytime I leave the house, I keep it natural and simple. Unless it's a special occasion, I never go overboard or crazy with it, I don't feel comfortable going out with no makeup at all since I'm 23 and still dealing with breakouts and annoying combination skin (acne-prone, oily in the t-zone, dry everywhere else and super dry and flaky in the winter). But perhaps someday the breakouts will cease and it will no longer be an issue!

Old 08-16-2009, 07:53 PM

55 posts, read 167,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 33458 View Post
Still searching a for facial moisturizer...the Clinique 'different' line is great - no reaction, but $. Eeeks.
I have a major problem with dry skin in the winter, and finally found a facial moisturizer that's good for sensitive & dry skin. Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer with SPF 15. It's around $9 at Wal Mart or your local drugstore. I'd highly recommend it! Clinique is great, but I'm with you...very pricey. (I feel the same way about Mary Kay!)

Old 08-16-2009, 08:42 PM

4,791 posts, read 13,388,248 times
As a crossdresser when I go out in drag I alway try to beautiful so people think I'm "all woman!" So I always use foundation for beard cover and lipstick. My favorite is Revlon Colorstay 265.

Old 08-16-2009, 09:40 PM

2,745 posts, read 13,275,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reachforthestars View Post
I have a major problem with dry skin in the winter, and finally found a facial moisturizer that's good for sensitive & dry skin. Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer with SPF 15. It's around $9 at Wal Mart or your local drugstore. I'd highly recommend it! Clinique is great, but I'm with you...very pricey. (I feel the same way about Mary Kay!)
Thanks for the recommendation.

Do you know if it's good for combo or oily skin? I have weird skin and most moisturizers make me break out but no moisturizer and I have dry patches near my nose and chin and forehead. We are moving to Colorado in a year or two and I don't know WHAT will happen, if I already have dryness issues in the steamroom that is my city! I have found some cheaper stuff that is non-clogging with a sunblock in it but it stinks, to me. I think it's Clean & Clear, I bought it while in Colorado after the first day... it just smells odd. Don't like it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or