U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Ladies what is your makeup style?
No make up at all 15 14.56%
I only wear lip gloss 6 5.83%
I wear eye make up with lip gloss 11 10.68%
I go all out with the make up (powder, gloss, eye makeup, blush) 35 33.98%
I only wear eyeliner 2 1.94%
I only wear make up when going somewhere nice 12 11.65%
I only wear lip gloss when going somewhere nice 1 0.97%
I only wear eye shadow 0 0%
I only wear foundation 4 3.88%
other (please explain) 17 16.50%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 06:00 PM

2,539 posts, read 8,980,580 times

Advertisements

When I go out of my house (I work from home, so I stay in mostly) I do wear makeup--everything. I just feel more confident and most of all, I find makeup kind of "fun" to wear. I use a light foundation (Make Up For Ever's Face & Body) and then I use Bare Minerals Mineral Veil, plus sometimes some blush. I love Urban Decay eyeshadow, especially funky ones. I have very light eyelashes--almost white--so I always wear mascara. I feel icky when I don't.

The funniest thing is that my husband looooooves me without makeup.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2010, 01:02 AM

Location: TX Hill Country-Helotes, Pipe Creek/Lake Hills & San Antonio, TX
845 posts, read 1,403,429 times
I routinely wear the mascara, eyeliner, eyeshadow, foundation, blush, powder and lipstick - due to working in the professional business world. However, on weekends, anything goes and usually I'll wear blush, lipstick and eyeliner.

Old 01-21-2010, 01:06 AM

15,849 posts, read 30,965,675 times
Earth mother! That's my style.

Makeup is a nuisance and gets all over EVERYTHING! Yuck. I will wear it, only when I feel that I need to dress up for some very special occasion.

Otherwise, it's au natural for me!

20yrsinBranson

Old 01-23-2010, 12:41 PM

917 posts, read 2,115,385 times
I'm 59, I wear foundation light blush and mascara every day. Eyeliner and lipstick if going out.

Old 01-23-2010, 09:13 PM

571 posts, read 938,421 times
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Mascara - every day. Also, I wear lipstick over lip balm because I like the way lip balm feels, but want some color too. Sometimes I wear eye shadow - I think it's fun to wear it occasionally.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana] [/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]I cannot stand foundation! I have never been able to find one that looks and feels right on my skin. It feels like thick "goop" on my face, no matter how "light" of a formula I choose.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana] [/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]I'm still searching for a fragrance-free moisturizer with sunscreen. I use one that doesn't have sunscreen because I don't like the way the sunscreen formulas feel. The smell of the sunscreen bothers me as well. Maybe someday I'll find the right one...[/FONT][/COLOR]

Old 01-24-2010, 02:07 PM

3,261 posts, read 4,746,482 times
At home, I just put on moisturizer and a tinted lip gloss. When I go out casually, I'll add mascara. When I go someplace special, then I'll add blush, eye shadow maybe a little sheer foundation.

Old 01-24-2010, 10:48 PM

37,230 posts, read 43,508,617 times
[quote=anitajas;12583780]I cannot [COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]stand foundation! I have never been able to find one that looks and feels right on my skin. It feels like thick "goop" on my face, no matter how "light" of a formula I choose.[/[/FONT][/COLOR]quote]

Have you tinted your own moisturizer with a dab of foundation, before? This has worked well for me, but it's only good if you don't need much coverage.

Old 01-25-2010, 12:43 PM

241 posts, read 236,860 times
When I was younger and more insecure, I'd wear full makeup a lot. Now, I usually just wear mascara and sometimes eyeliner and a bit of powder, but usually, just mascara. I hate the feeling of face makeup, and honesty, I think my skin has improved a lot from not wearing it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or