Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 05:49 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,147,243 times

Advertisements

My nails seem to get dirtier when they are short than when they are long. They are 1/2 inch long now and collect less gunk than when they are short. 1/2 inch is too long for me, though, will be getting them cut tomorrow.

I'm a big handwasher, so don't have much problem keeping them clean and white.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2009, 07:51 PM

8,176 posts, read 18,486,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA2UK View Post
Am I the only one who just uses her other nails to dig the dirt out?
Oh..I've been known to do that...but for the real cleaning I use the brush.

Old 08-14-2009, 08:28 PM

1,207 posts, read 2,916,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA2UK View Post
Am I the only one who just uses her other nails to dig the dirt out?

Don't tell me you lick it too.... And taste the sauce from last weeks dinner!!!!!!

Old 08-15-2009, 02:21 AM

10,198 posts, read 17,764,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShayLove View Post
Don't tell me you lick it too.... And taste the sauce from last weeks dinner!!!!!!
You must be joking, right? lol

I dig out the dirt with my other nails and I wash my hands frequently, also shower everyday so I'm sure that helps too. My nails are always very clean, I have no need for any tools. In fact, it's a bit of a habit of mine to be digging the dirt from my nails even when they don't look dirty. I'm always horrified when I see other people's nails and there is visible dirt - it only takes a few seconds to dig it out with your own nails, why not do it?

Old 08-18-2009, 01:59 AM

10,229 posts, read 16,248,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven1976 View Post
I've never had longer nails until now. Used to have a biting habit. What I've realized now is that dirt and grime get under them all day and if they are not painted they look grayish. Is there a way to get rid of this more easily or is there some product you put under the nail I don't know about? I know it sounds gross but it must be a common problem. I also teach prek so when I go back to school Im sure Ill be getting play doh, paint, and all kinds of good stuff under there.
I think I may have more porous nails than some people. When mine get dirty I can scrub and scrub with the nail-brush and, though clean, usually maintain a gray'ish dingy "stain". Sounds like you have porous nails, too.

My favorite tool to clean under the nails are flat toothpicks (NOT the pointy ones most people use). I use both ends depending on the nail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty