Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 04:03 PM

3,975 posts, read 7,690,049 times

Advertisements

Ladies, do you you carry around a small supply of toiletries in your purse? I find that I keep a small, nylon case filled with "emergency" items I may need throughout the day: toothbrush/paste/floss, anti-bac. wipes, lip balm, lotion, eye drops, etc. I have a small Walgreens in my purse!!!

What about you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2009, 04:33 PM

1,887 posts, read 7,937,379 times
I only keep makeup and hand sanitizer in my purse but I keep some items in the console of my car- I have a mini deodorant, tiny perfume spray, a bag of mini floss picks, hand lotion, a small tube of Neutrogena sunblock, and hand wipes.

Old 08-12-2009, 04:37 PM

10,662 posts, read 9,316,120 times
I always have hand sanitizer, hand moisturizer and lip balm in my purse.

Old 08-12-2009, 05:50 PM

oh yeah, I forgot I carry deodorant also!! you just never know when you'll need something! I'd rather be prepared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prettygyrl777 View Post
I only keep makeup and hand sanitizer in my purse but I keep some items in the console of my car- I have a mini deodorant, tiny perfume spray, a bag of mini floss picks, hand lotion, a small tube of Neutrogena sunblock, and hand wipes.

Old 08-12-2009, 05:51 PM

me too. I keep sunblock and spf lip balm in my car. In addition to the supply in my purse!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudcaro View Post
I always have hand sanitizer, hand moisturizer and lip balm in my purse.

Old 08-12-2009, 05:53 PM

15,142 posts, read 27,756,930 times
You all must be young. I used to carry makeup with me, not anymore - I start out w/makeup on and that's how it'll look for the rest of the day, lol. I do carry my Blixtex/lip balm and hand sanitizer which I believe is pretty necessary these days.

Old 08-12-2009, 06:11 PM

well, I don't mean makeup-that's a whole nother thing entirely!! If I'm wearing makeup, then I have blotting powder, lip gloss, a black pencil, and mascara to reapply later.
I'm talking just normal items you may need throughout the day. Lip balm is pretty much necessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
You all must be young. I used to carry makeup with me, not anymore - I start out w/makeup on and that's how it'll look for the rest of the day, lol. I do carry my Blixtex/lip balm and hand sanitizer which I believe is pretty necessary these days.

Old 08-12-2009, 06:26 PM

4,627 posts, read 10,467,753 times
I like the way you ladies think!

In my car: sunblock (it's a stick, and won't melt in hot weather)
hand-sanitizer (wipes or liquid)
moisturizer
In my purse: another tube of sunblock
moisturizing lipstick
sunblock-based powder

Other than that, as w/Flamingo13, the makeup I put on in the AM is the only make up I use during the day.

I use all travel-sized items, so they don't take up much room. Washing or vacuuming the car, I always replentish the stash! Easy ~

Old 08-12-2009, 07:39 PM

1,741 posts, read 4,574,333 times
I assume makeup doesn't qualify as toiletries, which I carry too much of.

I do have a toothbrush, toothpaste and mouthwash. I also carry germX, and couple of those other things I might need in case my Aunt surprises me or something.

In my desk at work, I keep more toothpaste, toothbrush, and deodorant along with perfume (cheap knockoff stuff). I keep deodorant there, because some days when I get about halfway to work I can't remember if I put any on or not, so I have some when I get to work.

I also keep germX and sunblock in the car.

Old 08-12-2009, 09:09 PM

I keep an extra set of these items in my work bag. And I keep one ready for travel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieChick1972 View Post
I assume makeup doesn't qualify as toiletries, which I carry too much of.

I do have a toothbrush, toothpaste and mouthwash. I also carry germX, and couple of those other things I might need in case my Aunt surprises me or something.

In my desk at work, I keep more toothpaste, toothbrush, and deodorant along with perfume (cheap knockoff stuff). I keep deodorant there, because some days when I get about halfway to work I can't remember if I put any on or not, so I have some when I get to work.

I also keep germX and sunblock in the car.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty