U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 06:12 PM

9,912 posts, read 12,632,970 times

Advertisements

Ok! Ok!

Guilty!

BUT I'm telling you now he's going to hate the way the sand gets in his shoes, he'll get tired of taking off his shoes and socks at the beach when it's so much easier to slip off thongs (flip flops) to walk bare foot , he'll get odd looks for walking around on the beach WITH shoes and socks and his feet are going to get HOT.....and that means sweaty and smelly.

If you're going to wear shorts smart casual for dinner then I think boat shoes are acceptable footwear (NO SOCKS) and if you want to wear sandles instead of thongs (flip flops) during the day well I guess I can live with it (AGAIN NO SOCKS!!). I can't make him wear anything he doesn't want to wear and I'm not going to get into a huge fracas with him over it. I'd prefer he wore thongs while he's here but if he doesn't want to **shrug** I'll still love him anyway.

Oh and I've been wanting him to go to the podiatrist with me for ages but he's not buying it . I reckon having someone check out his feet is a good idea. I doubt I'd get the same response if I suggested he come to the dentist with me so I guess I don't understand the aversion to getting your feet checked out but again, his feet, his choice and despite me wanting him to have them checked out and him having NO INTEREST at all, I'll still love him anyway.

Last edited by moonshadow; 08-15-2009 at 06:22 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2009, 11:00 AM

76 posts, read 251,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittySkyfish View Post
Women are simply trying to keep their men from looking like social idiots.
Going to a restaurant and wearing the combination of shorts with tube socks and running shoes is f'ing repulsive and shows the man has no understanding of how to dress, beyond some comprehension that Members Only jackets *might* be out of style.
[/quote] Guys wore sneakers and sock with shorts in the past and the world didn't come to an end.

Old 08-16-2009, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwguydc View Post
I have seen hiking boots with shorts and that doesn't look too different, especially if one hikes or just likes that type of boot. However, cowboy or motorcycle boots just don't seem to be a natural with shorts to me.

That said, I do not understand why people harp on others in public about their footwear. In a relationship and shopping is one thing for a woman to suggest some different selections, but the senario in the restaurant is just completely rude on the part of the people who were attacking the poor guy.
And the worse part about it is that EVERYONE in the section could hear her ripping on him She was talking really loud. I kinda felt bad for the guy.

Old 08-16-2009, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
Ok! Ok!

Guilty!

BUT I'm telling you now he's going to hate the way the sand gets in his shoes, he'll get tired of taking off his shoes and socks at the beach when it's so much easier to slip off thongs (flip flops) to walk bare foot , he'll get odd looks for walking around on the beach WITH shoes and socks and his feet are going to get HOT.....and that means sweaty and smelly.

If you're going to wear shorts smart casual for dinner then I think boat shoes are acceptable footwear (NO SOCKS) and if you want to wear sandles instead of thongs (flip flops) during the day well I guess I can live with it (AGAIN NO SOCKS!!). I can't make him wear anything he doesn't want to wear and I'm not going to get into a huge fracas with him over it. I'd prefer he wore thongs while he's here but if he doesn't want to **shrug** I'll still love him anyway.
The beach is one thing but do you really want him wearing flip flops EVERYWHERE?

Old 08-16-2009, 11:12 AM

41 posts, read 110,845 times
*raises hand*

I'm one of those guys who let my girlfriend convince me to wear sandals. She told me that I'd look better in flip flops and that I would find them more comfortable. I was skeptical at first but let her pick me out a pair and they are the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn. I was never a sandal guy until I met her, now they are all I wear in the summer unless I have to dress up or to go to work. I can kick myself for not wearing them before.

Old 08-16-2009, 11:48 AM

3,440 posts, read 7,334,680 times
I hear you bulldog. I'm a Man and I would NEVER let a women try to dress me. My cologne is the only thing I will allow a women to give me advise on; as far as fashion.

I'm only 30 but I have my roots in 1950's fashion where EVERYBODY dresses sharp irrespective of there social class.

You would never see me in "sandals" even at the beach because I feel sandlas on a guy is simi homosexual. I see these guys at the mall with there tight pants, gel in hair and sandlals, and to me ,they come off as women. A few times, I been in situations where I would hear people walking behind me because the sandal makes that "sandal sound" so I think it's a woman but it turns out it's a man. UCK!

I will tell you what tho, all these women have some nerve to be out here trying to dress there men as they need to go back to the drawing board themselves and take a few notes from there grandparents. I'm so sick of looking at all these women walking around with "PINK" on there @%%es or showing up to formal events in flip flops, jeans and huge dark sunglasses to EVERY occasion.

Women back in the day were so beautiful and elegant with there high heals, non-clown colored simple hair styles and stockings!!

Last edited by Morphous01; 08-16-2009 at 11:57 AM..

Old 08-16-2009, 07:44 PM

4,551 posts, read 10,400,144 times
My husband wears open toes on vacation for some reason only. I have no idea why he just wears them on vacation though He will try and wear his slippers all the time at home though which I don't appreciate at all

Old 08-16-2009, 10:05 PM

5,008 posts, read 7,991,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyKing78 View Post
*raises hand*

I'm one of those guys who let my girlfriend convince me to wear sandals. She told me that I'd look better in flip flops and that I would find them more comfortable. I was skeptical at first but let her pick me out a pair and they are the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn. I was never a sandal guy until I met her, now they are all I wear in the summer unless I have to dress up or to go to work. I can kick myself for not wearing them before.
It's not really a fashion statement with me, I just think my boyfriend would FEEL cooler and less confined in sandals. He doesn't even have to wear flip flops for me - I just think he'd feel less sweaty wearing a sandal.

Ah, the summer is almost over and he's still wearing shoes. Well, I tried.

Old 08-17-2009, 12:39 PM

23,098 posts, read 25,009,650 times
Quote:
Why do women try to get their men to wear open toed shoes?
Am I the only one who reads this title and pictures a pair of peep-toe heels?

I'm not a fan of flip-flops, but there are all kinds of sandals that are comfortable and manly enough for the average guy. Zappos has 6 pages of them: Men's Athletic: Athletic Sandals - Free Shipping

Old 08-18-2009, 02:44 AM

10,234 posts, read 14,253,619 times
Maybe the men read the other thread on Americans and their flip-flops?

Seriously, though, I've been a little guilty of that. Not thongs (which is what I usually call them), but sandles. My husband wears shoes and socks, even with shorts, at all times, and I know they don't all fit well. In our April vacation we did a lot of walking and he got several blisters, and I asked him again why he doesn't invest in some comfortable sandles for this purpose (travel).

But I don't press on with it. Definitely not worth fighting over.

He does like me to buy his clothes, though. I know his tastes in shirts and pants, and I buy what I think will appeal to him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty