U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 03:03 AM

9,912 posts, read 12,636,650 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog77 View Post
The beach is one thing but do you really want him wearing flip flops EVERYWHERE?
I'm happy as long as he's happy and obviously there are places where particular kinds of footwear are more appropriate than others.

Just happens that thongs are fairly standard footwear around here for a good part of the year. NOT as common as further up North but fairly common none the less.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2009, 11:58 AM

1,719 posts, read 6,205,553 times
I enjoy wearing sandals/flip flops. Just not the "thong" kind.
And I wear em with ankle socks, shorts, and t-shirt. I think it looks good, and that's all that matters. I don't like having my feet cramped in a dang shoe all day everyday.

Old 08-18-2009, 10:59 PM

76 posts, read 251,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungry For Cheese View Post
I enjoy wearing sandals/flip flops. Just not the "thong" kind.
And I wear em with ankle socks, shorts, and t-shirt. I think it looks good, and that's all that matters. I don't like having my feet cramped in a dang shoe all day everyday.
You don't mind the dirt and the germs?

Old 08-18-2009, 11:01 PM

76 posts, read 251,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesbabe View Post
Seriously, though, I've been a little guilty of that. Not thongs (which is what I usually call them), but sandles. My husband wears shoes and socks, even with shorts, at all times, and I know they don't all fit well. In our April vacation we did a lot of walking and he got several blisters, and I asked him again why he doesn't invest in some comfortable sandles for this purpose (travel).

Aren't real shoes better for walking? The only time I ever got blisters was when wearing a pair of sandals.

Old 08-18-2009, 11:31 PM

3,191 posts, read 8,372,710 times
ROTFL-hmm I can think of a few things men try to get women to wear!!

Ladies , you gotta get your man trained LOL Mine just instinctively says yes dear at my requests. And he can rest easy

Old 08-19-2009, 12:39 AM

9,222 posts, read 14,623,485 times
Funny thread.

IMO, there is a time and a place for sandals. Know when and where to wear them and when and where you shouldn't.

I love when men wear them, but they have to know what to wear them with. They don't have to be flip flops either.

I don't find them to be feminine at all. In fact, some men have the legs and the feet to wear them and they are extremely sexy, all manly.

Finally, there are some people just shouldn't wear them at all. Someone should tell them.

Old 08-19-2009, 02:24 PM

10,234 posts, read 14,260,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog77 View Post
Aren't real shoes better for walking? The only time I ever got blisters was when wearing a pair of sandals.
Interesting. Can't say I've ever gotten blisters from sandles, myself. I do get them in athletic shoes if I don't wear real thick socks (narrow feet).

But in my husband's case, I think it's an ill choice in shoes for rugged walking. He doesn't like to try shoes on before he buys them. He buys a lot of casuals/loafers.

Old 06-01-2011, 11:42 AM

24 posts, read 51,022 times
some women enjoy looking at mens feet and toes just loke men looking at a womans feet.

Old 06-01-2011, 11:50 AM

13,011 posts, read 7,230,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linda617 View Post
some women enjoy looking at mens feet and toes just loke men looking at a womans feet.
I don't think it's the same thing.

But it's another way to make men dress and groom themselves more like women. It seems to be working. Next will be kitten heels for guys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty