U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 04:33 PM

635 posts, read 709,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Do you spend YOUR money in establishments that don't respect you?

I refuse to spend my money in businesses where the owners treat me like a 2nd class citizen because of my race.

I refuse to patronize businesses that make an diligent effort to prevent another race (ie Blacks...the race they make their money off of) from establishing businesses by discouraging vendors from doing business with them or threatening to boycott if they do.

Standing on principles is NOT racism.
Basically.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2009, 06:17 PM

1,556 posts, read 3,203,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeraKera View Post
I stopped contributing to this industry a long time ago by going natural, not being dependent on weaves, and supporting hair care lines owned by black women.
Good for you, I did the same thing over a year ago and now wear locs. What we are discussing about Koreans having a monopoly on the black hair care business is one of the reasons that I gave up relaxing my hair.

This fascination we have with relaxing, weaving and altering our natural hair has led to depending on Koreans who have no respect for us or the dollars that we spend in their stores. This is about empowerment not race!

Why should we spend billions of dollars on these products and then when we decide we want to open a beauty supply or other business related to black hair care we have the races that we give our money to using underhanded tricks to stop our prosperity

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PT-nX25UrsI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jGFByhs-0w
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty