U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 01:09 PM

836 posts, read 3,045,867 times

Advertisements

lol Haaziq exactly...
What I see with this issue is.. the "socially conservative" are hypocritical and jealous of others. They hate themselves and have nothing else to do in their lives except talk about how other people look and dress, when they should really be looking in the mirror at themselves before they comment on how someone looks or dresses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2009, 08:10 PM

43,857 posts, read 45,294,967 times
I'm not a big fan of hers.....but I think she is a very attractive young woman and should wear whatever she is comfortable in. I have no idea why what she wears should be anyone's concern.

Old 08-20-2009, 08:49 PM

562 posts, read 2,174,695 times
I got some reps for saying Michelle looks just fine in her shorts, and she does.

But after some more thought, I do wonder if she should be careful not to drop the image of First Lady too much. I remember hearing that Jimmy Carter tried to drop some of the pomp and circumstance and lost some of his Presidential aura in the process. Like he would not appear in front of the flag every time, stuff like that.

What isn't an issue is her legs. True her arms are better, but shes not all jiggly or something. Its more about keeping up the enigma and image of First Lady. Gentlearts, I think, mentioned long shorts or Capris. That would have been classy too. I am not judging, most of us would wear the shorts too, but just how much like us should she be? If she had really great legs, would that make her look too s#xy as First Lady? Too s#xy vs. too frumpy can she win?
History will decide, but there is some line she should not cross towards being every woman. There does have to be an element of being special.

Old 08-20-2009, 09:31 PM

7 posts, read 8,837 times
as far as she goes with the whole wearing shorts thing so f--king what it was like 100 degrees out and they were on a private vacation you would be wearing shorts just because she is the first lady does not mean she always has to dress the part she needs her down time to she is american to

Old 08-20-2009, 10:15 PM

5,073 posts, read 4,307,431 times
Yes. She should have.

Old 08-21-2009, 11:43 AM

6,046 posts, read 21,958,537 times
I think they look fine. I think they are appropriate. And I think she looks great in them. I agree with cyberfry that compared to many other moms (and non-moms!), she looks outstanding. She looks like a normal, healthy human being to me.

Old 08-21-2009, 04:44 PM

15,568 posts, read 37,110,758 times
She looks great. I don't have any problem with her shorts and I don't know why anybody else would either.

Old 08-21-2009, 04:46 PM

955 posts, read 3,362,883 times
Good for her - why not!

Old 08-21-2009, 06:35 PM

615 posts, read 1,531,691 times
OMG, I can't believe people are even saying those shorts were too short!!!! Those are just normal shorts. Bermudas just came out within the last few years unless you are talking about super grandma shorts so why shouldn't she be able to wear them!!???

I thought I was going to see daisy dukes or something, but those are normal, everyday shorts. I don't think she was trying to make a fashion statement. Sometimes you dress for the occasion, and that is what she was doing. Something cool and comfortable for a hot day on vacation.

My god, like there aren't more important things to worry about.

Fabumom, I actually do see your point I really do but she was dressed for a hike in the grand canyon apparently on a very hot day. I would think she was an idiot if she tried to dress up for hiking. She's an active, athletic lady doing something physical in hot weather with her kids. Most prior first ladys wouldn't be doing anything like that anyway. They would pop out of their helicopter, take a few pics, and pop right back into the A/C.

Old 08-21-2009, 08:47 PM

24,841 posts, read 30,870,914 times
I think what she was wearing was appropriate for what she was doing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty