Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 01:29 AM

1,519 posts, read 1,632,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybee View Post
No. I think for the first lady crop pants, would have been a better choice.
If you were in your own living space, in the White House Yes. But as a represenative of the USA, ABSOLUTELY NO
get a life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2009, 01:30 AM

1,519 posts, read 1,632,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I agree with a lot of you about this "story" being totally unnecessary. As far as I know, the "news" stations just dreamed it up for lack of anything important to talk about like the economy, the war, etc.
Agreed.

Old 08-20-2009, 02:00 AM

1,085 posts, read 2,233,338 times
This is beyond stupid. Damn, can a sista live? Its hot as hell at the grand canyon.

Old 08-20-2009, 03:29 AM

285 posts, read 927,595 times
Well, for me she looks fine! The length of the shorts are fine big deal. If she was sporting some nylon shorts like what the hooters girls wear, her being the First Lady, not a go image thing. The photos that were posted, big deal!

I don't care what people thing of what I wear, look at my profile photo and tell me what you think?

Old 08-20-2009, 07:48 AM

836 posts, read 3,382,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
Shorts are OK, but it depends on who's wearing them. Michelle Obama honestly should stay away from them being the first lady. She's got ugly legs. Her figure is not her best feature. She's built like a box and certainly no Heidi Klum. I think she should use better discretion and judgment in how she presents herself. Outfits that show her ugly legs and extra-wide stance are not the way to go. Neither are dresses above the knees, which are especially hideous on her with or without flat shoes. No athletic lines on this woman.

Magnificent woman in every other respect of course, and I applaud her for being who she is and presenting herself in any manner that makes her comfortable. But she can do much better in this department.
So your saying she shouldn't be allowed to wear clothes she feels comfortable in just because she is the First Lady and because YOU think its inappropriate. Get a Life.. At least shes not some stuck up snob (like the past first lady) and isn't afraid to wear something she feels comfortable in. And no she isn't Heidi Klum, she is Michelle Obama! Shoot Heidi Klum aint all that either! I mean really if Michelle would have had on some cut off daisey duke shorts and half her a$$ was hanging out then yea we would all have something to chat about but she didn't. I think its time you find something else to do with your life other than worry about what Michelle Obama is wearing.

Old 08-20-2009, 08:16 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,023,398 times
I've said it before and I'll say it again:
Michelle Obama is a breath of fresh air.
She looked fine to me.

Old 08-20-2009, 08:17 AM

142 posts, read 205,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
Shorts are OK, but it depends on who's wearing them. Michelle Obama honestly should stay away from them being the first lady. She's got ugly legs. Her figure is not her best feature. She's built like a box and certainly no Heidi Klum. I think she should use better discretion and judgment in how she presents herself. Outfits that show her ugly legs and extra-wide stance are not the way to go. Neither are dresses above the knees, which are especially hideous on her with or without flat shoes. No athletic lines on this woman.

Magnificent woman in every other respect of course, and I applaud her for being who she is and presenting herself in any manner that makes her comfortable. But she can do much better in this department.

Wow, she's shaped like a box, eh? How so? With a smaller upper body on those wide hips and huge tush? And why does she need to look like Heidi Klum? I haven't seen any First Ladies yet who look like that. Saying she has ugly legs is just a matter of opinion. To you, I suppose they're hideous. To me, they're great. Then again, Heidi Klum's figure isn't all that special to me, but is probably goddess-like to you. Different opinions--nothing's wrong with that.

Old 08-20-2009, 08:43 AM

481 posts, read 806,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberfry View Post
Get a life girls! She's 90% bett looking in those shorts than the average mom on vacation. The shorts are NOT too short!!!
I agree. Michelle looks slim and great in whatever she wears.

People who are overweight should not wear shorts, but they do.

Old 08-20-2009, 09:03 AM

1,075 posts, read 4,311,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkerP View Post
This is beyond stupid. Damn, can a sista live? Its hot as hell at the grand canyon.

Beyond stupid .. I agree.

and someone else compared her to Heidi Klum? .. come on.

Who wouldn't like to look like her? .. that's why she's a super model and the rest of us aren't.

Kudos to the Michelle Obama for being real.

Old 08-20-2009, 09:23 AM

5,160 posts, read 9,172,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfeyes View Post
Really..Noooo way she had on shorts Oh My.. Michelle Obama is a Normal human being isn't she? So why can't she wear shorts..why does it matter so much of what she wears.. I mean really people read way to much into these things. She is a normal Mom, Wife, and First Lady ..I'd rather see her in NORMAL clothing than always see her dressed like Laura Bush all sophisticated and looking like she is to rich to wear normal clothing like we all do. I think it is despicable how people over react at how the first lady dresses.

Photos of Michelle Obama in shorts and what a surprise I found Jackie Kennedy in shorts too Oh my..
Apparently, socially conservative loons don't know what "short shorts" really look like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty