U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2009, 07:45 AM

1,880 posts, read 7,011,714 times

Advertisements

I have been a Philosophy user for years. Before that Biotherm, Clarins, Clinique. As I age I need more than basic skin care. I have started really noticing the fine lines around my eyes, not so firm skin and sun damage in the form of spots and discoloration around my jaw line. SO i have just kept adding on to my regular routine eye creams, firming creams, serums, creams that lighten age spots etc. Total cost just kept going up and up. In fact they raised the cost of my skin care Philosophy taking the cleanser from $30 to 35 and now 45 . The cream I prefer with them is running even more. The last time I walked out of the store I was over $300 in skin care. Plus I was needing a change as I was not really feeling like my skin was all it could be . I have extremely sensitive skin so I am always leery to try new things.

This weekend I had ran out of some things I needed. I could just not swallow dropping the cash for what I needed again. I had heard of this Boots 7 stuff from a couple sources and so when I was in Target on Saturday I checked it out. I left the store with the following items:

Gentle Foaming Face Wash
Soft 7 Soothed Gentle Toner
Perfect 7 Protect Intense Serum
Lifting & Firming eye cream
re-balancing day gel
lifting and firming night cream
Total Renewal Micro Dermabrsion Exfoliator

Total cost $117.00

Morning Routine:
wash
tone
serum
day gel (I chose this because I live in the south and creams are too heavy with the humidity in the day may switch to the lifting and firming day cream once winter rolls around)
eye cream

Night Routine is the same I just switch out the night cream for the day gel.

Yesterday I used the dermabrasion exfoliator which I was nervous about since my skin is sensitive. I used a very light hand and I took it down on my neck and chest which the directions do not say to do. I had terrific results.

Overall my skin feels great. It feels like velvet. The first time I used it I felt a slight itchy tingling sensation which I worried about thinking allergy. But by the third time I used it that was gone. My color already looks more even and I think my jaw line discoloration looks ever so slightly more even too. It has only been a short time and already to my great surprise I can see a difference!!! Oh another thing I was shocked to see upon my first use of the toner is that when I pulled the cotton away it had actually pulled black heads out of my skin.

I just had to share this. I am very very pleasantly surprised at the results I am getting and SO QUICKLY too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2009, 07:48 AM

10,664 posts, read 8,134,556 times
I've always loved Boots products, I used them all the time when I lived in England, and I was delighted when I saw them at Target. They're inexpensive and efficient!

Old 08-19-2009, 09:10 AM

12,054 posts, read 20,652,243 times
Thanks for the info. I will check out their line once I finish all of my other, too expensive, products.

Old 08-19-2009, 11:18 AM

1,532 posts, read 2,378,901 times
Thanks for the information, I may have to check into that! I am also leary to change products because so many things cause my skin to break out, or dry out. As far as a face wash, right now I use the Olay 7in1 blemish control/anti aging. It is very reasonably priced and seems to work better for me than many of the way more expensive ones that I have tried!

It is hard for me to find the right products because it always seems that they are either geered to the anti-aging, or the younger skin blemish control. I need both!!

I will definitely keep that brand in mind!

Old 02-01-2015, 09:56 AM

467 posts, read 419,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudcaro View Post
I've always loved Boots products, I used them all the time when I lived in England, and I was delighted when I saw them at Target. They're inexpensive and efficient!
I'm so glad that Boot's has made it across the pond! I use their Boots Vit E gentle eye cream and their No. 7 Foundation Match Made Service and now when I am in the US I'll know where to shop. Thank you.

Old 02-01-2015, 10:11 AM

1,910 posts, read 2,090,185 times
Another happy Boots 7 user, here. I order mine from Drugstore.com.

Old 02-02-2015, 02:05 PM

1,222 posts, read 4,247,243 times
Have used them for two years love them

Old 02-02-2015, 03:54 PM

27,330 posts, read 30,620,576 times
I have been using many boots products since they came to target. They work great!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty