U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2009, 11:46 PM
EB2

1,927 posts, read 5,527,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
I DO have that build (curvy/wide hips, round butt, and thick, toned thighs), and skinny cut jeans look just awful on it. Very unflattering, not balancing at all. Very lean cut jeans are simply not very flattering on the majority of people/body types.
I have the same type of body, and know I can't pull them off, either (which makes me feel less alone )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2009, 02:36 PM

888 posts, read 676,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaipur View Post
I'm sorry but it is the truth! I'm starting to get really annoyed by people constantly wearing these hideous things. They make your thighs look terrible; hugs you in all the wrong places. Blah! I have no issues with straight leg jeans or skinnies, I don't even mind pants that completely flare out. But please, please, stay away from boot cut jeans. I don't know why stores constantly market them to Americans. If you go to Europe you won't see them any where and would not be caught dead in them. It is not 1995 anymore! They are so unflattering on both men and women and are never stylish. Does anyone else agree? I know a lot of you seem to just be ga-ga over them and I'm not interested in you unless you have a valid argument how they make you look good. It is like people want their bodies to look like triangles. You might as well put on a skin tight shirt and put your hair up in one thin long point to accentuate that look.
You say you're from France?
Here's some news for you... Boot Cut Jeans (as long as they are trendy) are still in fashion all over the world.

I'm not going to even cite higher priced stores; just look at Zara, H&M and Express line ... they are all over the place. Just go on their websites and visit some of their stores.

And please don't tell me that H&M and Zara know nothing about fashion, the French are standing in lines around the block to buy clothes there.

Old 11-11-2009, 03:00 PM

3,388 posts, read 5,853,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
You got lucky then. You get what you pair for. Cheap price= cheap quality...99.9% of the time.
Normally I agree that price SHOULD equal quality; but the last time I bought a nice pair of jeans; the seams started coming undone after the first washing. (not a "load bearing seam" either, the bottom of the hem)

I still have a pair of Levi's jeans from high school that are in great shape, and they are one of my fav pairs, and the most comfy ones I own.

As for boot cuts? My fav style jeans.

I have really fallen for the Silver brand mid rise boot cuts. Not too high waisted, but not showing pubes like ultra low risers either, lol.

Last edited by Cav Scout wife; 11-11-2009 at 03:27 PM..

Old 12-01-2009, 01:35 AM

42 posts, read 159,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaipur View Post
I'm sorry but it is the truth! I'm starting to get really annoyed by people constantly wearing these hideous things. They make your thighs look terrible; hugs you in all the wrong places. Blah! I have no issues with straight leg jeans or skinnies, I don't even mind pants that completely flare out. But please, please, stay away from boot cut jeans.
Umm..Apparently, Gisele Bundchen (uber supermodel fashionista) didn't get your memo to "stay away" from them either because she's shamelessly rockin a pair of boot cut jeans seen here.

http://www.denimology.co.uk/2009/07/...jeans-jt-1.jpg

Old 12-01-2009, 01:44 AM

5,258 posts, read 8,152,729 times
I don't think there's anything wrong with bootcut jeans. I wear them all the time. I prefer the low-rise style, but bootcuts are a staple in my wardrobe.

Old 12-02-2009, 03:09 AM

2,117 posts, read 4,786,036 times
Not a fan of boot cut jeans.

I don't like my jeans scrapping/ruined under my shoes, this is what happens when bootcut jeans are worn without boots. I wear mostly straight leg jeans, but sometimes skinny. My jeans are usually not too long and not too short, just enough to crumble at the bottom. The jeans I wear work with my body.

Just my preference.

In Europe, especially Holland - a lot of women wear skinny or straight leg jeans with flats or tucked inside boots. That is the style here, it works. Not too many women wear boot cut jeans here.

In America women generally wear running/tennis shoes (i.e., asics. these should be kept for running, not fashion) with their outfits and boot cut jeans seem "ók'". Furthermore, a lot of American women are bigger (fatter) than women in Europe. That is truth.

I prefer women with skinny jeans mixed with boots or flats, not tennis shoes. But, that's my opinion.

Old 12-02-2009, 03:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
I would bet my last dime if you looked at the MAde IN label it's China or Malaysia etc just like your old Levis...more $$$$$$$ doesn't always equate to better quality as most not all ,of the clothes & shoes are coming from the same sweat shops over seas with different labels sewn in
Mine jeans are made in Italy, with fabric from USA, Turkey, Italy, and Japan (I also realized you said most not all, but just wanted to let you know.

www.nudiejeanco.com

Old 12-02-2009, 03:47 AM

114,280 posts, read 55,423,386 times
If you wear boots they're in style!!!

Old 12-02-2009, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairfax Mom View Post
And Europe - heck - they dress terrible in Europe compared to us Americans - the old fat men wear Speedos for goodness sake!
Well, that is a matter of opinion.

If anything, I think more Europeans care about the way they look than Americans do. This doesn't mean American's don't dress well - just that they don't mind dressing for comfort whereas Europeans are the opposite.

Old 12-02-2009, 08:58 AM

1,405 posts, read 2,177,296 times
I like flare jeans because I can wear them with anything and I look great. Too bad they are hard to find since bootcut and skinny jeans are EVERYWHERE.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty