U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2009, 12:30 PM

8,415 posts, read 35,919,387 times

Advertisements

There is the tapered, strait and boot cut skinny now.

My bootcuts never dragged on the ground. That drives me nuts. You really can't tailor denim that has stylistic wear on it. It ruins it and looks wrong. (no matter how much it cost in the first place)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2009, 01:14 PM

333 posts, read 925,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaipur View Post
I'm sorry but it is the truth! I'm starting to get really annoyed by people constantly wearing these hideous things. They make your thighs look terrible; hugs you in all the wrong places. Blah! I have no issues with straight leg jeans or skinnies, I don't even mind pants that completely flare out. But please, please, stay away from boot cut jeans. I don't know why stores constantly market them to Americans. If you go to Europe you won't see them any where and would not be caught dead in them. It is not 1995 anymore! They are so unflattering on both men and women and are never stylish. Does anyone else agree? I know a lot of you seem to just be ga-ga over them and I'm not interested in you unless you have a valid argument how they make you look good. It is like people want their bodies to look like triangles. You might as well put on a skin tight shirt and put your hair up in one thin long point to accentuate that look.
on the flipside, there are a zillion people who should not be wearing the trendy skinnies, or even straight legs for that matter. Also, are you talking about flare leg perhaps? Some bootcuts barely have any flare at all, but a true "flare leg" is very exaggerated, and I agree unflattering.

Old 02-19-2010, 03:50 PM

1 posts, read 1,556 times
Hate to resurrect a dead thread but I stumbled on this looking for some info on a brand I'd never heard of- First of all, as a guy, thighs aren't attractive? WTF?! I suppose SOME aren't but the right thighs are dang sexy. Also, boot cuts on women (ESPECIALLY classy, with not too exaggerated of a flare) who are over 30-ish are incredibly attractive, in my opinion. Seeing moms who try to look like their 16 year old gives me a chuckle but I don't care for frumpy either (anyone remember the "mom jean" commercial from SNL? lol). "Mom"-age women who are fashionable but still dignified are INCREDIBLY attractive- even the ones in work boots!

Old 02-19-2010, 06:34 PM

1,603 posts, read 3,719,113 times
Bootcuts jeans are most certainly IN style- Turn on "What Not To Wear," with Stacy & Clinton, buy an In-Style Magazine, subscribe to WWD Magazine which is the fashion bible of the industry ...

Everyones body is made differently and not everyone can fit into skinny jeans, straightleg jeans, curvy jeans, etc ... Bootcut are a fantastic fit for women who want to accentuate the thighs, hips and rear while giving a more classy, polished look as you go down ...

Here you go: Fashion, Beauty and Retail News - WWD.com

Old 02-21-2010, 05:58 PM

522 posts, read 1,260,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annika08 View Post
Well, excuse me but you had just better let me know where you live and all of the places you frequent so you don't become offended and flip-out when you see me in my boot cut jeans! Has it occured to you that not everyone has the same body type and maybe some people (myself included) look best in boot-cuts? Or that some people just don't follow fashion trends all that closely or CARE what others think? Does anyone here really care what Europeans are wearing? BTW-I have family in Europe (Germany and Russia) and yeah, people do wear boot-cuts still.

I personally think skinny jeans are the most hideous pants I've ever seen and people should be put down for wearing them but that's not my place to say so (even though I just did), and others can dress how they want. I'm not so shallow and insecure that I need to focus on others clothes and belittle them to make myself feel better...
You tell her girl!

I agree. Boot cuts aren't for everyone, but it's not a state of "in" or "out". It's a matter of body type and fit.
I love skinny jeans, but like boot cuts it's not for everyone.

Old 02-21-2010, 06:08 PM

1,603 posts, read 3,719,113 times
At the end of the day when one takes off all their make-up and clothes, what do you see .... One must look deep, a persons true colors come from within- the size of their heart, the non-judgmental compassion they express towards others in daily life, and how they treat a stranger in the passing.

Often people are so critical, they forget to turn that harsh eye on themselves- if you want shallow, you'll pay the price later. There's nothing wrong with loving fashion, but not everyone can afford to keep up with it ... Some people are more inlove with "Names" than they are quality. Gap jeans are just as good as DKNY, Diesel, or Calvin Klein and about 1/2 the price. It's like those people who carry around those big designer bags, like Louie Vuitton. That $658.00 handbag is beautiful, but Louis Vuitton better being paying me if he wants to me advertise his "LVs" for free. lol !

There are more deeper, non-material traits to look for in an individual- seek substance, not shallow.

Old 02-27-2010, 04:43 PM

40 posts, read 103,078 times
I think that today, you wear what you want and it's in style, whether flare, bootcut, skinny, leggings, etc. It's all in style. To each his own.

Old 02-28-2010, 10:40 AM

105 posts, read 216,982 times
I know! Boot -Cuts make me mad! But it depends on your shape because a lot of people who wear boot-cuts have thicker legs, so they don't like to wear straight leg or skinny jeans.. I personally have pencil stick calves so I can't really fill out boot -cuts the way you're supposed to... so skinny or straight jeans have been my choice for awhile since I've always been on the thin side.

Old 03-01-2010, 12:55 PM

3,111 posts, read 7,170,491 times
Some bootcut jeans look ok on women, however, I dislike the jeans that are too large at the bottom which makes them look like bell-bottoms.

Old 03-01-2010, 03:13 PM

1,917 posts, read 6,529,381 times
I wear bootcuts since I have slender thighs and bootcuts make me look shapely I hate skinny jeans!!! Unless you are ulta skinny don't wear them please!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty