U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2010, 07:00 PM

3,633 posts, read 7,813,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyNix732 View Post
I know! Boot -Cuts make me mad! But it depends on your shape because a lot of people who wear boot-cuts have thicker legs, so they don't like to wear straight leg or skinny jeans.. I personally have pencil stick calves so I can't really fill out boot -cuts the way you're supposed to... so skinny or straight jeans have been my choice for awhile since I've always been on the thin side.
Slim rise, sweetheart. Slim rise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2010, 09:42 AM

1 posts, read 1,200 times
I think bootcut jeans are better with high heels..

Old 09-07-2010, 10:34 AM

25,906 posts, read 37,128,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaipur View Post
I'm sorry but it is the truth! I'm starting to get really annoyed by people constantly wearing these hideous things. They make your thighs look terrible; hugs you in all the wrong places. Blah! I have no issues with straight leg jeans or skinnies, I don't even mind pants that completely flare out. But please, please, stay away from boot cut jeans. I don't know why stores constantly market them to Americans. If you go to Europe you won't see them any where and would not be caught dead in them. It is not 1995 anymore! They are so unflattering on both men and women and are never stylish. Does anyone else agree? I know a lot of you seem to just be ga-ga over them and I'm not interested in you unless you have a valid argument how they make you look good. It is like people want their bodies to look like triangles. You might as well put on a skin tight shirt and put your hair up in one thin long point to accentuate that look.
What a dumb thing to get annoyed about.

Old 09-07-2010, 12:06 PM

2,653 posts, read 4,287,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
What a dumb thing to get annoyed about.
I second that Julia. That was a long rant! WOW!

Old 09-07-2010, 12:09 PM

13,692 posts, read 15,937,418 times
Boot cut jeans are practical. Ever try to pull straight leg/skinny jeans over your cowboy boots? Impossible.

If the shaft is short it looks really dumb when they're tucked inside.

Old 09-07-2010, 12:09 PM

13,112 posts, read 25,316,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Childfree35 View Post
I second that Julia. That was a long rant! WOW!
I triple that Julia & Childfree...good grief more important things to get your knickers in a twist over......

Old 09-07-2010, 12:18 PM

31,192 posts, read 34,368,598 times
I don't think boot cut makes you look like a triangle, that would be flares. The boot cuts I see the most look more like straight legs, just not tight around the ankle.

What's the big deal? I swear some folks are fashionably sheltered and don't realize that there is a whole world beyond their mirror and their tiny social group.

Old 09-07-2010, 04:31 PM

25,906 posts, read 37,128,419 times
Skinny jeans make my bottom half look like an upside-down triangle, because I have hips. They look ridiculous on me, or they would if I ever put them on. I know my body and what shapes look good on me. Bootcut styles balance me out. I'm wearing a pair right now.

If you look good in skinnies, good for you! I won't, and I'm not wearing them.

Old 09-07-2010, 04:54 PM

24,841 posts, read 30,818,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Skinny jeans make my bottom half look like an upside-down triangle, because I have hips. They look ridiculous on me, or they would if I ever put them on. I know my body and what shapes look good on me. Bootcut styles balance me out. I'm wearing a pair right now.

If you look good in skinnies, good for you! I won't, and I'm not wearing them.
me too! more people should wear what flatters them and not what is trendy!

Old 09-07-2010, 05:05 PM

3,487 posts, read 6,485,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
me too! more people should wear what flatters them and not what is trendy!
Totally. Agreed.

Sometimes I wish there would be no trends... only clothing tailored to the individual's physique.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty