U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2010, 11:24 AM

13,692 posts, read 15,942,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Why in the world would you put your boots on before your jeans????
Seriously?

I could only imagine that a 2 year old would pull pants on over their boots.

I have never seen snappy crotch inseam jeans before that weren't for a 2 year old, and that might be practical.

No, it's jeans on before boots or shoes. And jeans tucked into cowboy boots looks really corny. Unless you're workin' on a ranch and almost knee-high in "you-know-what".
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2010, 11:39 AM

6,611 posts, read 11,486,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Seriously?

I could only imagine that a 2 year old would pull pants on over their boots.

I have never seen snappy crotch inseam jeans before that weren't for a 2 year old, and that might be practical.

No, it's jeans on before boots or shoes. And jeans tucked into cowboy boots looks really corny. Unless you're workin' on a ranch and almost knee-high in "you-know-what".

Only someone determined to miss the point would think you put your boots on BEFORE your jeans.

I already addressed this poster's misconception.

The legs are pulled down OVER the boots fgs.

If you don't like or NEED to wear bootcut jeans then don't.......it's not rocket science.

Old 09-08-2010, 12:44 PM

23,417 posts, read 32,373,706 times
Hmmmmm.....someone needs to check for a missing sense of sarcasm...

Old 09-08-2010, 12:48 PM

1,234 posts, read 2,510,225 times
Bootcut jeans may not be stylish right now, but it's not like they're some dated wretched thing. Plenty of people still wear them just because wearing skinny or straight-legged jeans aren't always as comfortable. I prefer wearing my skinny and straight-legged jeans, sure... but I still have a couple of pairs of bootcuts that I love.

Old 09-08-2010, 07:48 PM

4,723 posts, read 14,083,199 times
Whoever revived this silly,hashed out, beaten to death old thread should be made to put their boot cut jeans on over their head.

Old 09-08-2010, 08:12 PM

6,611 posts, read 11,486,075 times
As long as CD refuses to lock and archive threads - old threads WILL be revived - that's just the way it is.

Old 09-09-2010, 05:34 PM

37,227 posts, read 43,487,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Skinny jeans make my bottom half look like an upside-down triangle, because I have hips. They look ridiculous on me, or they would if I ever put them on. I know my body and what shapes look good on me. Bootcut styles balance me out. I'm wearing a pair right now.

If you look good in skinnies, good for you! I won't, and I'm not wearing them.
Same...skinny jeans are just NOT an attractive option for women with wide hips and the usually-accompanying, full thighs. Not hating, here, that's my build, as well. I'd never wear them, because the effect IS that of looking like an upside down triangle. I work with a chick who constantly rocks skinny jeans regardless of the fact that she has super wide hips and ass and thick thighs, tapering down to spindly calves and ankles, and it really just looks cartoonish. She's young, but she's definitely NOT mastered dressing flatteringly for her build. Fashion victim mentality, because her "bestie" at work (and, yes, she says "bestie") is an itty-bitty former dancer who's about 5 feet tall and slender as all getout, dresses that way, and homegirl tries to copy it, with disastrous results. If your build is like Barney, why dress like Barbie?

Old 09-11-2010, 11:23 AM

2,310 posts, read 3,272,210 times
I recognize this thread started a year ago, but as someone who's finally accepted skinny jeans, I'll still pick boot-cut any day with short dress boots and pumps. For some reason, I don't like how skinny jeans "sit" on top of the pump's heels, leaving them exposed. I'd rather have my heel covered unless I'm wearing a skirt.

Boot-cut jeans are not in fashion? Maybe not in the sense as they were a few years ago, but threads like these become less relevant as styles come and go. I'm sure in a few more years someone else may complain it may be time to retire the skinny jean.

Old 09-12-2010, 09:23 AM

5,994 posts, read 8,838,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaipur View Post
I'm sorry but it is the truth! I'm starting to get really annoyed by people constantly wearing these hideous things. They make your thighs look terrible; hugs you in all the wrong places. Blah! I have no issues with straight leg jeans or skinnies, I don't even mind pants that completely flare out. But please, please, stay away from boot cut jeans. I don't know why stores constantly market them to Americans. If you go to Europe you won't see them any where and would not be caught dead in them. It is not 1995 anymore! They are so unflattering on both men and women and are never stylish. Does anyone else agree? I know a lot of you seem to just be ga-ga over them and I'm not interested in you unless you have a valid argument how they make you look good. It is like people want their bodies to look like triangles. You might as well put on a skin tight shirt and put your hair up in one thin long point to accentuate that look.
I can hardly think of anything that concerns me less.

Old 09-12-2010, 09:33 AM

24,451 posts, read 33,862,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexWest View Post
I recognize this thread started a year ago, but as someone who's finally accepted skinny jeans, I'll still pick boot-cut any day with short dress boots and pumps. For some reason, I don't like how skinny jeans "sit" on top of the pump's heels, leaving them exposed. I'd rather have my heel covered unless I'm wearing a skirt.

Boot-cut jeans are not in fashion? Maybe not in the sense as they were a few years ago, but threads like these become less relevant as styles come and go. I'm sure in a few more years someone else may complain it may be time to retire the skinny jean.
The boot cut and straight cut are classic styles that never go away no matter what's in fashion and they will be here long after the skinny jean has gone to the fashion graveyard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty