U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2011, 10:09 PM

1,553 posts, read 2,479,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by agnt.starling View Post
Agreed, my only comment to this subject is that being middleaged, why there they don't make "misses" jeans like they use to. Not wanting to dress like my granny quite yet, (the Sag Habor & JC Penney's brand for older women, forget what they are called, Sears also has the same thing), the styles they have out there for women, are similar to the low waist & "tight here, loose there" fit and I Hate that, why can't they just make jeans for misses/woman, like they use to (like in the 80s) they fit just right, and not low waist & tight, not baggy and not like I'm trying to dress & compete w/my daughters...(although sadly I've seen some woman my age & older doing that)
Have you ever tried Diane Gilman jeans - from either QVC or HSN (I cant remember - old age! hahahaa). If you find your right size, they can fit great!

(me no likey MOM-Jeans!! LOL)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2011, 10:19 PM

985 posts, read 1,479,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellybean50 View Post
Have you ever tried Diane Gilman jeans - from either QVC or HSN (I cant remember - old age! hahahaa). If you find your right size, they can fit great!

(me no likey MOM-Jeans!! LOL)
Wow, really Jeans for the middle aged woman and mom, w/out having to look like your ready to do chair aerobics w/my grandmother..... (no, i love my grandmother) but seriously, I'll have to check them out, thanks Jellybean!!

Old 03-25-2011, 10:21 PM

1,553 posts, read 2,479,939 times
Youre welcome! It's HSN.

Old 03-26-2011, 04:33 PM

32,525 posts, read 31,447,845 times
Went to a museum exhibit of the "Original Style of Ann Bonfoey Taylor". I paid close attention to what all the well-dressed, got-bucks women around me were wearing.

Drum roll please.

Bootcut jeans!

Old 03-26-2011, 04:55 PM

58 posts, read 135,054 times
Default Jaiper is wrong

Bloomingdales just featured boot cut jeans in their latest fashion catalog. I guess they are back in now!

Old 03-27-2011, 09:42 AM

3,093 posts, read 4,325,191 times
The only type of jeans I like are bootcut. I wouldn't wear any jeans that are tight at the ankle. The only time I wore jeans that were tight at the ankles was the mid to late eighties when we used to roll our jeans and pants up. Other than that I think that people look awful in tight jeans. Unless you are about nineteen, a girl and have a flawless body. I see to many piggies wearing those things and they look hideous. Some girls look like a christmas tree upside down. I often think to myself, have you looked in the mirror before you left the house. I am closer to forty than thirty and I am very fit. Most people think I am mid twenties and I still would not wear those tight little pantie pants....Boot cut for life. I stopped following fads many years ago. I wear what I like and what I think looks good. I never got into those rediculous Ed Hardy clothes either. I personally think that faze was tacky as hel l. But who knows, I think for alot of us we dress in a generational type of way. I grew up in the eighties and I will say that was an awful decade for fashion. Liked the music, but the hairdo's and clothes were hideous. My sister used to use a bottle of Aqua net a day. Her hair could touch the roof of our car and she was 5'1'. Not a good look. Most people with age will care less about what is in or not. They have learned to dress for their body type.

Old 04-09-2011, 04:38 AM

56 posts, read 115,674 times
I don’t like boot cut jeans on me. I prefer straight or skinny jeans. I look slim and long in tight fitted jeans.

Old 04-10-2011, 03:17 PM

27,236 posts, read 42,023,444 times
are you referring to bell bottoms?

Old 04-10-2011, 03:26 PM

3,487 posts, read 6,486,065 times
The other day I was at the mall (I hate the mall but was forced to go) and because I have limited mobility right now, I was just sitting around people watching.

I noticed that there are a lot of people wearing skinny jeans, and not a single one looked good in them. I think you need to have very long, graceful legs and a long, thin upper body to really pull it off. Unfortunately, that would be like 5% of the population.

You can't even be well-proportioned and curvy, which would be the preferred body type for most females. If male, you cannot be well-muscled or have broad shoulders.

I noticed some heavier people in boot cut jeans and at least they didn't look like wrapped sausages.

Straight jeans are probably okay.

Old 09-22-2012, 10:33 AM

13,253 posts, read 37,472,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
are you referring to bell bottoms?
Bootleg vs. Bellbottoms:

Bootleg is flared from mid-calf to the hem, *just* wide enough to fit over the type of cowboy boots that have pull straps on the sides. In this way, they will fit loosely over the type of boots that do -not- have pull straps. They're flared for functionality.

Bellbottoms start flaring from the lower-knee area, to the hem, and flare out wide enough to flutter when you walk. These are flared for fashion, with no salute to functionality.

Then there are elephant-leg jeans, which are like bellbottoms on steroids, because they're fairly wide from the crotch down (think - curtains), and flare out dramatically below the knee. These are flared for ridiculousness, eccentricity, and whimsy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty