U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 06:44 PM

659 posts, read 838,888 times

Advertisements

I am short so I cant wear boot cut, but yesterday I did buy 2 pairs of jeans from true religion total bill 550.

They are straight legs but the paints are still too long and they don't look that great, I know they are trendy but I just cant justify the price and probably going to return them.
I hate jeggings and skinny jeans and I am small, but I don't feel right going out on those.

my mom grew up in the 80's and looking at pix, everyone looked so cute except for the hair! Would be nice is girls dressed a little more conservative instead of showing off ass cracks, thongs and muffin tops.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2012, 08:12 PM

9,364 posts, read 11,225,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ming Ming View Post
I am short so I cant wear boot cut, but yesterday I did buy 2 pairs of jeans from true religion total bill 550.

They are straight legs but the paints are still too long and they don't look that great, I know they are trendy but I just cant justify the price and probably going to return them.
I hate jeggings and skinny jeans and I am small, but I don't feel right going out on those.

my mom grew up in the 80's and looking at pix, everyone looked so cute except for the hair! Would be nice is girls dressed a little more conservative instead of showing off ass cracks, thongs and muffin tops.
Agree about the ass cracks, thongs, and muffin tops but I look at my pics from the 80s and I just laugh! Blouses buttoned all the way to the top with a ribbon tied into a bow around my collar? Looking at another pic, I have on shorts that can only be described as Mom Shorts. Way too high waisted and doing nothing for my teen figure. I was 17, slender and cute! But those shorts look hideous! I'm wearing a ribbon for a belt with that particular outfit. Ribbons, ribbons, and more ribbons. Except when we were getting wild and crazy and wearing denim jackets! Watch out!

I graduated HS is `84.

Old 09-28-2012, 08:18 PM

9,364 posts, read 11,225,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toosie View Post
I went through a peg leg jean phase back in the 80s and never will repeat that. IMO, it's a cut that never flatters anyone and gives an unbalanced look. I'm 5'2" and fairly lean and prefer a low rise waist with wide-ish legs that flare a little more on the bottom. They were easy to find for a while but not so much right now. Even Levi's stopped making my favorite 577s.
Remember when they had zippers on the bottom? I saw some the other day at a vintage store and had a good laugh.

Old 09-29-2012, 07:07 AM

7,762 posts, read 14,654,362 times
Quote:

I'm thankful for True Relgion! They're one of the few brands that I can find longer denim in. I just purchased a couple pairs myself, but they're skinnies.

I just ordered a coule pairs of Victoria's Secret cords in boot cut which are long enough, but I have to exchange them for a smaller size which bites because I could have used them for today. :/

Old 10-08-2012, 01:40 PM

15,803 posts, read 9,727,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Remember when they had zippers on the bottom? I saw some the other day at a vintage store and had a good laugh.
OMG yes I think I might even still have a pair floating around here somewhere - don't worry, though, I haven't actually worn them in decades!

Old 10-08-2012, 02:12 PM

170 posts, read 178,846 times
Bootcut > Skinny, Straight, Regular fit.

Skinny jeans are just disgusting.

Most other types of jeans are just aimed at metrosexuals or homos

Old 10-08-2012, 02:35 PM

13,719 posts, read 26,021,238 times
Quote:

You spent $550 for two pairs of jeans?

Old 10-08-2012, 05:49 PM

14,881 posts, read 21,450,154 times
I love my boot cut jeans. What in the world is anyone talking about??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty