U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 07:43 PM

48,509 posts, read 85,542,792 times

Advertisements

Depends on where you live;but boot cut jeans will always be popular where I live.I can see that fashion changes from day to day in the LA area tho.The saddist think to me is seeing some 20 year old exclusive look being worn by older people who look like clowns in it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2009, 07:52 PM

412 posts, read 1,622,478 times
Thank you for all your responses. It isn't so much just regular people wearing them that bothers me as it is people who consider themselves to be in high-fashion or constantly talking about wearing the latest trends that then wear them. If you are wearing any article of clothing for a practical reason then obviously that is fine. Most clothing was invented for practical reasons to begin with. I still think they are unflattering though. It does not matter how the cut is they always will emphasize your thighs. Fashion right now is becoming more conservative in the legs but showing off the bust more.

Old 08-20-2009, 08:13 PM

42,717 posts, read 45,396,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaipur View Post
I'm sorry but it is the truth! I'm starting to get really annoyed by people constantly wearing these hideous things. They make your thighs look terrible; hugs you in all the wrong places. Blah! I have no issues with straight leg jeans or skinnies, I don't even mind pants that completely flare out. But please, please, stay away from boot cut jeans. I don't know why stores constantly market them to Americans. If you go to Europe you won't see them any where and would not be caught dead in them. It is not 1995 anymore! They are so unflattering on both men and women and are never stylish. Does anyone else agree? I know a lot of you seem to just be ga-ga over them and I'm not interested in you unless you have a valid argument how they make you look good. It is like people want their bodies to look like triangles. You might as well put on a skin tight shirt and put your hair up in one thin long point to accentuate that look.
skinny jeans have given many peeps medical problems cutting off circulation..giving breathing problems, also low rise jeans gave people back problems and some others but can't think of them.

Old 08-21-2009, 07:20 AM

9,176 posts, read 14,131,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
You have to have slender hips and thighs and long legs to pull them off
That's me! I have pretty straight "boy hips" and lets just say I already weigh only 96lbs... I don't need to wear clothes that make me look thinner! I'm short in general but my legs are proportional to my body.

Old 08-21-2009, 08:52 AM

23,087 posts, read 25,001,807 times
Quote:
It does not matter how the cut is they always will emphasize your thighs.
And skinny jeans don't emphasize one's thighs? At least with a boot cut there's a widening at the bottom to balance wide hips.

Old 08-21-2009, 11:07 AM

8,415 posts, read 35,890,537 times
Not all cuts of a style are created equal. And not all sizes are styled to be flattering for the cut. I have some boot cuts that just look like normal jeans. But I have tried on ones that look terrible too. Same thing with strait or skinny cut. If you do not like people talking about that type of stuff you really moved to the wrong city. Its chock full of wanna-be's.

Old 08-21-2009, 11:54 AM

92 posts, read 464,648 times
Wait a minute---I thought the narrow-legged jeans were "mom jeans."

I thought no one wanted to wear them.

But then I am a very old woman, and I'll wear what I please. In fact, I am so old the fashion snobs don't even care what I wear anymore.

Old 08-21-2009, 02:25 PM

21,956 posts, read 21,783,714 times
Personally I don't care what's in and whats not in. I go for comfort. The boot cut fits nicely over boots, tennis shoes etc. As long as boot cut jeans are made I will wear them!!

Old 08-21-2009, 03:07 PM

188 posts, read 379,439 times
Tapered jeans of any kind are the epitome of poor taste and ridiculous style.

Boot-cut jeans don't like you, either.

*smooch*

Old 08-21-2009, 06:59 PM

37,230 posts, read 43,501,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaipur View Post
They make your thighs look terrible; hugs you in all the wrong places. Blah! I have no issues with straight leg jeans or skinnies
I'm sorry, but NOTHING makes thighs look quite so terrible as skinny-cut jeans. Horribly unflattering.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty