U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 09:17 AM

8,178 posts, read 16,762,255 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaipur View Post
Thank you for all your responses. It isn't so much just regular people wearing them that bothers me as it is people who consider themselves to be in high-fashion or constantly talking about wearing the latest trends that then wear them. If you are wearing any article of clothing for a practical reason then obviously that is fine. Most clothing was invented for practical reasons to begin with. I still think they are unflattering though. It does not matter how the cut is they always will emphasize your thighs. Fashion right now is becoming more conservative in the legs but showing off the bust more.
Maybe you'll find that the people wearing them actually have a mind of their own. Not like others that think that only the stuff that the "fashion" industry insist is right.

Only following the latest fashion trend is so blase. I for one prefer that people think for themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2009, 09:45 AM

296 posts, read 605,334 times
Another vote FOR bootcut. they make my legs and butt look great. I have two pairs of skinny jeans, but you know what, my body has curves and they do not flatter.

This thread was just a reminder that I need to go jeans shopping.

Old 08-25-2009, 10:08 AM
EB2

1,927 posts, read 5,524,485 times
I have a curvy figure. Large butt, large hips, large thighs, highly tapered waist (I'm a baby making factory, without ever having made any, hooray ).

Boot cut FLATTER my body. Skinny make me look like I went through a processing plant and tried to cut off circulation to the lower half of my body by encasing me in cling-wrap.

Old 08-25-2009, 12:32 PM
ZSP

1,581 posts, read 4,286,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA2UK View Post
I would so love to see your wardrobe.
Or not.....

Old 08-25-2009, 06:06 PM

2,480 posts, read 4,741,272 times
Hey everyone-I think the consensus is that boot cuts are here too stay regardless of what fashion dictates!

Old 08-26-2009, 05:05 PM

443 posts, read 1,105,740 times
The "boot cut" confuses me because in some stores it's basically a skinny jean with a tiny flare at the ankle, whereas in other stores it's like a giant triangle flare from the knee down. In the first case of the tiny flare - I HATE jeans like that. So if that's what the OP is talking about, I'd agree I roll those jeans up a little and wear them with boots that way. If it's the more triangular flare, then that's what I like. I don't want actual flares, but I like a bit of triangular shape, or a totally straight shape.

And to be honest, the shape isn't such a big deal as long as the jeans have a nice dark rinse. And no bleached whiskering!

Old 08-26-2009, 05:06 PM

443 posts, read 1,105,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaelgirl View Post
Another vote FOR bootcut. they make my legs and butt look great. I have two pairs of skinny jeans, but you know what, my body has curves and they do not flatter.

This thread was just a reminder that I need to go jeans shopping.
Last time I tried on "skinny" jeans it looked like I just hadn't made it to the bathroom in time.

Old 08-26-2009, 05:30 PM

2,480 posts, read 4,741,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by violent cello View Post
The "boot cut" confuses me because in some stores it's basically a skinny jean with a tiny flare at the ankle, whereas in other stores it's like a giant triangle flare from the knee down. In the first case of the tiny flare - I HATE jeans like that. So if that's what the OP is talking about, I'd agree I roll those jeans up a little and wear them with boots that way. If it's the more triangular flare, then that's what I like. I don't want actual flares, but I like a bit of triangular shape, or a totally straight shape.

And to be honest, the shape isn't such a big deal as long as the jeans have a nice dark rinse. And no bleached whiskering!
It has to be the brand you're buying-they should not be tight anywhere-no resemblance any where to a skinny jean.
I have Lee riders that I bought at Walmart. Faded wash-no spandex-no low rise. Now they don't carry them anymore Now I will have to find a replacement.

Old 08-26-2009, 06:08 PM

2,464 posts, read 5,896,351 times
I like my "out of fashion" boot cut jeans because... well... I wear boots. Beautiful Frye boots to be exact. Besides, my ars is kickin' in my boot cut jeans (according to the husband).

Old 08-28-2009, 05:07 PM

17 posts, read 104,874 times
Default I don't care what'''s in style....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKVA View Post
To me this is all age perspective.

I am older and do not care about what is in style, but what looks good on me. When I was a lot younger sure I was in to the current fad. Now I don't care.

I really don't think boot jeans will ever really go out of style as they compliment a lot of figures unlike the the skinny leg and the wide leg.

Only my 2 cents
I agree. Whenever I buy something, first and foremost it must be comfy, and the phrase "in style" just isn't in my vocabulary
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty