U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2009, 05:11 PM

17 posts, read 104,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny Sue View Post
Maybe you'll find that the people wearing them actually have a mind of their own. Not like others that think that only the stuff that the "fashion" industry insist is right.

Only following the latest fashion trend is so blase. I for one prefer that people think for themselves.
I completely agree. The fashion industry is just laughing all the way to the bank because some people follow fashion trends like cows going to a slaughterhouse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2009, 05:14 PM

17 posts, read 104,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davachka View Post
I pretty much stick to high end jeans only, and only wear boot cut or straight leg. And I'm not sure what you mean about them being tight in the thigh, that is just the size that is too small, not necessarily the cut. So if all these high end companies are manufacturing them, they can not be so 1995!! David Kahn, 7 for Mankind, Hudson, True Religion, etc are just some of the brands that I have that are boot cut!

I do own some skinny jeans, and I have the body to wear them (not being conceited just true), however I feel they are more appropriate for my teen, not me!
"High-end" is just another word for "overpriced"

Old 08-28-2009, 06:02 PM

2,550 posts, read 4,084,806 times
I prefer when jeans are flared out some at the ankle areas and don't go all the up to your belly (that tight feeling if you try to eat food wearing them! I hate that). I hate skinny jeans (haven't worn them since high school, but I was skinnier then. I can't now, no damn way!).

I only have 1 bootcut jeans (dark blue) and I only wear them with my black boots, long sleeve white button down shirt, and black belt (only during the fall/winter seasons).

Old 10-11-2009, 02:01 PM

14 posts, read 21,570 times
I like bootleg jeans and i also like flared, wide legged and skinny jeans and i couldn't give a monkeys
whether they are in fashion or not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If i like them, then i'll wear them

Old 10-11-2009, 03:24 PM

615 posts, read 1,529,840 times
This thread is hilarious. I spent a month in England and Spain in July and plenty of very stylish women were still wearing bootcut. Perhaps you are thinking flared or something else but trust me, the hip 30 somethings aren't typically wearing skinny jeans including London. The teenagers and 20somethings yes but I for one don't care to look like that anyway! I spent a weekend with several of my cousins friends for her wedding. All her friends wore bootcut.

So bootcut jeans aren't marketed in Europe at all? You mean like these:

Bootcut | Womens Jeans Shop | Womens | Next Official Site (http://www.next.co.uk/shopping/women/jeans/2/ - broken link)

or

Boot cut - Jeans - Womens - Debenhams

Old 10-11-2009, 03:40 PM

27,236 posts, read 42,012,815 times
what about drainpipes?

I don't care what's in fashion, I could wear either one just fine. As long as they fit in the waist, I'm good. Or I could put on a belt, I guess.

Old 10-11-2009, 03:50 PM

4,645 posts, read 5,181,099 times
I wear things out of fashion for spite.

Old 10-11-2009, 04:02 PM

24,435 posts, read 33,828,005 times
Lots of stores around here sell boot-cut pants and jeans so I guess they are in some sort of fashion. I wear them because I think they look good on me. I do not really care if someone else freaks out over them and thinks they look out of style.

Old 10-12-2009, 10:30 PM

3,469 posts, read 7,266,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atoia2 View Post
"High-end" is just another word for "overpriced"
Actually, you get better quality material, thread, cut and fit. Plus, they tend to wash better and last longer. My expensive jeans still look like new years later, and the cheaper ones look, well, worn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
I wear things out of fashion for spite.
Most people feel that way. Most people are not fashionable and wear ugly clothes from like Old Navy and Walmart. I always laugh when people think it makes them special to not care about their clothes much. Um, that makes you average.

Old 10-12-2009, 10:57 PM

37,222 posts, read 43,439,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
Most people feel that way. Most people are not fashionable and wear ugly clothes from like Old Navy and Walmart. I always laugh when people think it makes them special to not care about their clothes much. Um, that makes you average.
And buying into fashion marketing makes you what? Special? Tasteful? Individual? Creative? Trendsetting? Imaginative? Better? Hmmm.

Know what judging a person's character using what clothing stores they shop in, or whether or not high fashion is an interest of theirs as criteria makes you? Rhymes with "crass."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty