Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 12:08 AM

412 posts, read 1,751,337 times

Advertisements

I'm sorry but it is the truth! I'm starting to get really annoyed by people constantly wearing these hideous things. They make your thighs look terrible; hugs you in all the wrong places. Blah! I have no issues with straight leg jeans or skinnies, I don't even mind pants that completely flare out. But please, please, stay away from boot cut jeans. I don't know why stores constantly market them to Americans. If you go to Europe you won't see them any where and would not be caught dead in them. It is not 1995 anymore! They are so unflattering on both men and women and are never stylish. Does anyone else agree? I know a lot of you seem to just be ga-ga over them and I'm not interested in you unless you have a valid argument how they make you look good. It is like people want their bodies to look like triangles. You might as well put on a skin tight shirt and put your hair up in one thin long point to accentuate that look.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2009, 05:32 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,079,086 times
Well, excuse me but you had just better let me know where you live and all of the places you frequent so you don't become offended and flip-out when you see me in my boot cut jeans! Has it occured to you that not everyone has the same body type and maybe some people (myself included) look best in boot-cuts? Or that some people just don't follow fashion trends all that closely or CARE what others think? Does anyone here really care what Europeans are wearing? BTW-I have family in Europe (Germany and Russia) and yeah, people do wear boot-cuts still.

I personally think skinny jeans are the most hideous pants I've ever seen and people should be put down for wearing them but that's not my place to say so (even though I just did), and others can dress how they want. I'm not so shallow and insecure that I need to focus on others clothes and belittle them to make myself feel better...

Old 08-20-2009, 05:38 AM

16,175 posts, read 32,478,600 times
Must not hang out in Texas. They are the fashion. Lots of us actually wear boots under our jeans.

Old 08-20-2009, 06:08 AM

2,480 posts, read 5,317,342 times
Boot cut jeans for me! Wear them all the time-they look the best on me.

Old 08-20-2009, 06:13 AM

10,207 posts, read 17,857,716 times
If people are "constantly wearing them", isn't that kind of the definition of something being in fashion? Whether you think it looks good or not, if you're seeing it "constantly" it's obviously popular.

These look pretty flattering to me: http://www.laredoute.co.uk/style/RED...87&ac1=RIO012#

Old 08-20-2009, 06:18 AM

22,555 posts, read 47,605,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKVA View Post
Boot cut jeans for me! Wear them all the time-they look the best on me.

Me too... Jaipur will just have to avert his/her eyes as I approach.

Old 08-20-2009, 06:34 AM

1,806 posts, read 5,703,996 times
I miss LaRedoute...

I never liked Bootcut myself - hated 'em in the 80's, used to peg anything that wasn't already a pencil.

When they 'came back' I cringed...not that the style ever went away, but that the trend re-emerged...

This time, however, I have seen a few cuts that are flattering. And for boots...yeah.
I haven't crossed over, but I have friends who look good in said denim. Thin friends = key.

I prefer the lean, straight cut that isn't second-skin sausage but still...very skinny.

Old 08-20-2009, 06:34 AM

1,306 posts, read 3,119,040 times
I would hazard that bootcut jeans have replaced straight leg jeans as the preferred jean style. The only difference between the two is that the boot cut flares out just a little from the knee on down, so I don't get the OP's original point. It hardly makes you look like a triangle the way flared jeans would.

Old 08-20-2009, 06:42 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,394,284 times
I hardly consider boot cut a "trend". For some they're just more practical. As another poster stated, many folks wear boots or shoes where having a slightly wider bottom hem is just more practical.

If anything, I consider skinny jeans much more trendier as well as less flattering on most people. BUT I am glad to see the straight leg & boyfriend jeans making a come back (in fashion mags anyway.)

Old 08-20-2009, 06:44 AM

27,335 posts, read 27,385,151 times
Sometimes you cant wear straight legs with boots, and many of us wear boots all the time.
I dont care whats in fashion or what others think of my wearing boots, I wear what is comfy and cheap, mostly low-cut as long as its not one of those types that come all the way up to your neck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty