Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 10:02 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,596,323 times

Advertisements

A reader wrote in asking me why most men are "fascinated" with redheads. In this instance, I think "fascinated" is a nice way of saying "obsessed." She admitted to being a redhead, and, therefore, the object of such ardor.

Why are some men drawn to redheads? - CNN.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2009, 10:13 PM

27,345 posts, read 27,397,752 times
I wouldnt know. Actually, when I was married, he didnt like red hair. So when we split up, out of spite, I coloured my hair red. Give him more fuel for the fire.

Old 09-17-2009, 09:26 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,082,223 times
Really? News to me. I'm a redhead (dark auburn), and I've never noticed it. I thought men liked blondes.

Old 09-17-2009, 09:47 AM

2,126 posts, read 2,381,919 times
Gentlemen prefer a women who wears her hair color well

Old 09-17-2009, 09:52 AM

8,309 posts, read 38,779,335 times
There is actually some speculation that a deeply rooted, primal attraction to women with fair skin and light hair hastened the evolution of what we now know as white people. Sexual selection is much faster than other routes and seems to explain how humans leaving Africa could so quickly diversify into the phenotypes that one typically sees in NW Europe.

There have also been some recent paleologic finds that suggest hominids have been in central Europe for much, much longer than previously believed - so maybe that's all bunk afterall.

At any rate, I always found a redhead with green or blue eyes to be extremely striking. That configuration tends to hold stares for whatever reason.

Old 09-17-2009, 10:12 AM

1,318 posts, read 5,272,316 times
Not sure why some men are drawn to red heads.....but man, that guy was hilarious!!!! Good writer.

Old 09-17-2009, 12:56 PM

5,019 posts, read 14,115,073 times
Quote:
Why are some men drawn to redheads?
Huh. I always thought it was some sort of "rescue the underdog" response.

Growing up (So. Cal. in the 80s) redheads, male and female, were not very popular. It was always the poor skinny, pale, freckled kid left standing when teams were picked in gym class (do gym teachers still do that? ). Plus, who wanted to be friends with someone who could only go to the beach for half an hour???

Perhaps the men who are "obsessed" with redheads were the bullies back in jr. high and are trying to make up for some of their guilt???

Old 09-17-2009, 01:03 PM

1,530 posts, read 3,790,488 times
Like all such things, depends on the gal... depends on the guy doing the looking.

Also, "redhead" covers a lot of territory, from "Danny Bonaduce" or "Carrot Top" red to "Cindi Crawford" auburn.

Have to admit, the Crawford version appeals to me, as does the new Ann Taylor model they've been pushing with that look. But it has a lot to do with the rest of the gal too. Eye color, skin tone, etc.

Any two guys could look at the same gal and go, "Yeah" or "Nah". I have some buds that are so into blonde that Cindi doesn't even rate, LOL!

Ain't no figuring it, LOL!

Old 09-18-2009, 03:47 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,628,555 times
Excellent news for me then ! I think most men love Blondes actually but those discerning enough to see through the obvious and who find us Redheads attractive indeed do seem full of ardour and Passion.

I was told on more than one occasions by such men that Blondes may have more fun but Redheads ARE more fun... I think the flaming colour appeals to some men as they for some reason think us far more passionate and fiery and in many ways it might be true...

Men with exquisite taste quite obviously !! I know many men who find Redheads scary and I think it is because of a certain anticipation of potential trouble.

My Fiance says it is the sexiest colour and has for example no interest whatsoever in Blondes ( though he does like Brunettes too). Think Irish Girls with a bit of bite in them...

Last edited by Mooseketeer; 09-18-2009 at 04:30 AM..

Old 09-18-2009, 04:41 AM

2,782 posts, read 4,166,031 times
It depends mostly on the girl, but I have found most natural red heads I have run into, to be extremely attractive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty