U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is sexier?
Pantyhose/tights 47 48.96%
Bare legs 49 51.04%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 11:12 AM

29 posts, read 92,195 times

Advertisements

I am a guy who voted for pantyhose. But I do agree with Bluesbabe that white is just ghastly. Also, I wouldn't expect that women should wear them in hot weather.

As for where I live, in suburban Chicago, I think the last time I saw any woman younger than 45 in pantyhose was about 10 years ago. Along with the discomfort issue, many simply detest the look.

Pantyhose has gone the way of the vinyl LP, 8-track, VCR, non-granite countertops, coffee from the grocery store, etc. They belonged to a different era. Different, not neccessarily better, but different.

Last edited by notrightsmart; 08-28-2009 at 11:38 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2009, 05:58 PM

2,550 posts, read 4,084,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCanadian View Post
Fish-nets can be more interesting than bare-legs.

I can't wear fish-net style pantyhose where I live. They might think I'm a prostitute!

Hell, in this town you wear a short skirt and go into a restuarant or bar, they automatically think you're a hooker....Florida, here I come!!

Old 08-28-2009, 07:07 PM

2,926 posts, read 3,865,722 times
I see more and more women going around in tights, which is a good thing. I've always been a hosiery fan.

I do understand women hate pantyhose, but I couldn't understand why, maybe one could enlighten me?

Old 08-28-2009, 07:21 PM

4,033 posts, read 8,797,022 times
No pantyhose!

Old 08-29-2009, 12:50 AM

3,469 posts, read 7,265,563 times
It depends on the season and what you are wearing. I like bare legs for summer and spring. For fall and winter, opaque tights in varying color/textures/prints and sheer black nylons are nice. I also like fishnets a lot. Nude nylons and white tights say old lady and little girl to me, respectively.

Old 08-29-2009, 04:59 AM

277 posts, read 834,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizzles View Post
I see more and more women going around in tights, which is a good thing. I've always been a hosiery fan.

I do understand women hate pantyhose, but I couldn't understand why, maybe one could enlighten me?
From what I have gathered as far as the hatred of pantyhose is there are a number of reasons, "too hot, too itchy, I always get runs in them, they always slide down, too tight, can't move in them.

The problem is that women buy cheap pantyhose from the super market or drug store which are the worse ones to get, they are itchy, and old. Pantyhose actually does have a shelf life, the elasticity gives out after time. As far as them sliding down, they purchase the wrong size. They seem to forget that the body changes over time and the pantyhose they wore a few years ago may not fit.

I have gotten my wife out of the cheap pantyhose and into pantyhose from a nice department store, brands that are silky, soft yet supportive, in a size that fits so then she can wear them more than once. There are a number of different styles, for different life styles!

She gave me the same reasons for not wearing them, and I took her shopping and got her the real pantyhose and that changed everything.

Enough said.

Old 08-29-2009, 12:14 PM

2,550 posts, read 4,084,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizzles View Post

I don't hate them, but I now live in a desert environment since 2001 and the last time I wore them they always ripped and made my legs sweat really bad (looked and felt like my legs were dipped in the swimming pool or something, is how they felt in them). It's just too darn hot to wear them out here much in Arizona. And in this place, they will rip easily.

Old 08-29-2009, 12:53 PM

914 posts, read 4,025,110 times
I don't really care, except in a work environment. Unless you are wearing a long skirt, you need to be wearing pantyhose to work. I had a co-worker who never did, I thought it looked tacky . . . especially when she wore mini-skirts! If I had been in charge of her, I would have sent her home. Just because "professional" women on TV dress like little sex vixens doesn't mean that is how people should dress in reality. (Ironically . . . it was an office full of women. Not sure who she was trying to impress.)

Old 08-29-2009, 11:05 PM

3,541 posts, read 8,110,167 times
In a business environment - unless your legs are toned, taned and perfect - I would wear hose. Just my opinion. No one wants to see veins or flab.

Old 08-29-2009, 11:10 PM

756 posts, read 1,737,911 times
Panty hose are supposedly out and the worse fashion mistake you can make is nude toned.

I was shocked when I read that but, noticed that women were not wearing panty hose anymore.

I think a tight in the winter is best.

Also, for interviews, I don't care what any fashion expect says, I am wearing my nude colored pantyhose!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty