U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is sexier?
Pantyhose/tights 47 48.96%
Bare legs 49 51.04%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 07:38 PM

52 posts, read 108,190 times

Advertisements

I have never ever worn hose, nor do I plan on ever wearing them.
I think that they look too old, like something my grandma might wear.
I love going bare. I think it looks, and feels so much nicer on me.
If I wear a short skirt or a short dress and I want my legs to stand out, I might put a little oil on them. Just enough for some shimmer, but that's it.

Leggings and tights look nice on some girls though, if you know how to wear them right they can look real cute.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2009, 11:52 AM

2,550 posts, read 4,086,315 times
Pantyhose is great on certain type of dresses or slacks you are wearing.

But most spring/summer season dresses you don't need pantyhose, just go bare legs with some sandals with a 1 inch heel. That's sexy for the spring/summer seasons.

Some women wear pantyhose with shorts. I've never done it, but have any of you have? How does that look?

Old 10-22-2009, 11:57 AM

6,262 posts, read 17,582,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LinaJo76 View Post
Pantyhose is great on certain type of dresses or slacks you are wearing.

But most spring/summer season dresses you don't need pantyhose, just go bare legs with some sandals with a 1 inch heel. That's sexy for the spring/summer seasons.

Some women wear pantyhose with shorts. I've never done it, but have any of you have? How does that look?
I wear the toeless panty hose under my summer dresses.
I don't wear shorts anywhere but at my house so no , I don't wear panty hose under shorts.
There are SO many cute,comfy,cool summer dresses available to wear and I think shorts are sloppy and never cute-ever!

Old 10-22-2009, 04:04 PM

2,550 posts, read 4,086,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
I wear the toeless panty hose under my summer dresses.
I don't wear shorts anywhere but at my house so no , I don't wear panty hose under shorts.
There are SO many cute,comfy,cool summer dresses available to wear and I think shorts are sloppy and never cute-ever!

I agree, but where I live is pretty rugged and it's hard to wear a summer dress or skirts a lot. Sometimes it's just too hot to get all dressed up. So, I put on a baseball cap, shorts, t-shirt, and sandals. But only if I don't feel like putting on a lot of clothing on and if I'm just going to be gone 1 hour.

Old 10-23-2009, 09:04 PM

830 posts, read 2,411,213 times
I don't wear hose (and can't remember seeing anyone around here who does) but I love, love, love cable tights, sweater tights, and thigh-high or over-the-knee socks in the winter. Especially stripey ones.

I'm so happy that the season of cable tights, corduroy, velvet, and boots is just around the corner. I guess I like texture.

Old 10-25-2009, 10:48 AM

5,975 posts, read 17,822,747 times
I will wear pantyhose (nude or gray) in a business skirt suit with pumps, regardless of the weather. Certain industries lend themselves to business wear rather than business casual, like the banking and legal industries. I will wear it to any job interview I go to...no exceptions. Thank goodness for business casual and khakis the necessity has been few and far in between (skirts and such).

In the summer, I prefer bare on tanned meticulously shaved legs, pedicured toes on open shoes/sandals.

In the winter I will wear tights, whether with loafers or boots, thicker when extremely cold or snowy.

Old 10-25-2009, 01:07 PM

691 posts, read 2,107,032 times
Love the new patterned stockings out for fall. Picked up a pair in ivory, lacy, I think they look hot.

Old 12-07-2009, 09:51 PM

20 posts, read 65,475 times
OK I truly believe there is no pair of female legs on the Earth that dont look better in pantyhose!

See Carrie Underwood, whose bare legs can stand up to anyones. in black pantyhose they become even sexier

Old 12-08-2009, 05:14 AM

3,224 posts, read 6,390,955 times
Tights are great in the winter. Pantyhose suck-I always get runs in them the first day I have them. What a waste of money. I haven't worn pantyhose in years.

Old 12-08-2009, 06:53 AM

250 posts, read 832,442 times
I prefer bare legs myself but do have a pair of black tights for winter. Never pantyhose for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty