U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is sexier?
Pantyhose/tights 47 48.96%
Bare legs 49 51.04%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 11:17 PM

7,371 posts, read 5,979,412 times

Advertisements

Silk stocking yes, Tights, yes. Bare legs for as long into fall as I can get. I despise pantyhose
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2010, 11:25 PM

2,759 posts, read 3,490,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretty Girl Nikki View Post
I love to wear pantyhose sometimes. I've kinda lost that novelty thrill so to speak since I've been able to wear them but still do quite often. Now there just another part of the wardrobe for the most part.

I'm transgendered and have been female for about 2 years now and have always wanted to wear pantyhose. I must say I was very delighted with the way they felt the first time I slipped them on as a female. I told myself then I was gonna wear them everyday but that hasn't happened. lol

They can be a pain in the ass sometimes. Every time you go potty you have to pull them back up, you can run them with your nails if you're not careful, they fall on you if you walk a lot, etc.

I guess I still wear more than most girls though. I'll slip into a pair of pantyhose maybe twice a week.
What I dislike about hose is good pair of them, of course, can be expensive. Sometimes you get your money's worth. Sometimes you don't. Best to buy at least two pairs of expensive hose (if affordable) and apply clear polish to the runs (if they're invisible to others).

A pair of $2.00 hose will either run very quickly, twist, bag, or all of the above. So, instead of spending mega $$$ on expensive hose for now, I'll do pants or tights (for cold weather). Still am quite the lady in either pants, skirts, or split skirts (which are becoming one of my favorites). Good to have choices. Also great to have some knee high boots (to cover the runs).

Old 07-13-2011, 10:21 AM

1,410 posts, read 1,855,459 times
There was a recent article on the internet today:

Kate Middleton brings back pantyhose. Bare legs are so 2010. - Fashion + Beauty on Shine

Quite a few men gave their opinions after that article, but I don't care, because they're not the ones wearing them (not normal men, anyway!). It's not only about looks, but the wearer's comfort and confidence.

I personally am in favor of hosiery, but on the fence about it for women in general. In my city, highs above 100 degrees have been the norm last month and this month, so workplaces around here are casual about it. I imagine in the tropics, pantyhose aren't expected either. I used to live in California, where it's very, very casual, so I stood out like a sore thumb wearing them. I went out on a date once with a much younger man, who touched my leg and then acted shocked to discover that I had on pantyhose. I guess it turned him off or something. Ever since my preteens, jeans have been the norm and it hasn't been until recent years that I've seen women wear dresses and skirts a bit more often. Especially in California, where women like to wear jeans to fancy dates and flip flops everywhere, so they had no use for pantyhose. If a woman can look presentable in a skirt or dress without hosiery, more power to her. Some women just have great legs. Unfortunately for me, I don't. I have quite a vein problem, pasty skin, and dark prickly hairs that grow in too fast. And I prefer skirts and dresses to pants, so for me hosiery is a must.
They need to work out some kinks, though. First is cost. Second is durability. Third is breatheability. I get some unfortunate B.O. problems in pantyhose and tights, so I try to buy stay-up thigh highs when possible.
I don't understand why some women find pantyhose unliberating when those same women always wear bras. I think going without a bra is more feminist than going without pantyhose. I don't think pantyhose are oppressive, it's just a matter of aesthetics. But I do think they're flimsy, costly (it adds up when you have to keep replacing them!) and sweaty. Oh yeah, and TIGHT!

I think the Japanese teen girls have it right by wearing above-knee socks with mini skirts. I just have to find a pair of those socks that don't bind on my meaty thighs. But then, if my thighs weren't so chubby, then pants would fit me better and I'd avoid the hosiery issue altogether.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty