U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 09:28 PM

2,898 posts, read 6,583,375 times

Advertisements

The difference is plus sized and full figured sound bad so fat chicks prefer to use thick instead.

A VERY VERY small amount of women are actually thick. Most chicks who say they are 'thick' are just fat. Plus sized means you are fat, just another way too say it. Full figured in actuality means more hourglass but people think it means fat so thats just the way it is now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2010, 12:08 AM

222 posts, read 713,587 times
Thick - You need to loose weight and/or could do some major toning up in a specific area. Borderline getting fat...
Full Figured - Fat
Fat - Fat

Old 09-09-2010, 02:26 AM

8,521 posts, read 14,262,293 times
The difference is perception.

All are fat IMO........not that being fat is bad but I wish people would call it what it is.

Old 09-09-2010, 08:50 AM

3,224 posts, read 6,400,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sweetkisses* View Post
Woooooowww. I have a rebuttal for evrything u just said. Im a slim woman and I EAT. Probably more than you.I dont look sick just naturally small. I dont understand where people get the notion that just because a girl is slender she doesnt eat. Sure models have strict diets but for many slim women it is just natural. We cant help that we have a high metabolism.
And who says slim girls dont like it rough? Maybe u were messin with the wrong ones.... we're very flexible
I'm also very slender, always have been naturally, and I eat like a lumberjack. Combination of good genes, high metabolism, and the fact that I work out on a regular basis. Tougher than some of my male counterparts, too. It seems now that since being overweight is the accepted norm, if one is slim and in-shape one is accused of as being weak, frail, and having an eating disorder.

Old 09-09-2010, 11:04 AM

1,031 posts, read 2,431,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annika08 View Post
I'm also very slender, always have been naturally, and I eat like a lumberjack. Combination of good genes, high metabolism, and the fact that I work out on a regular basis. Tougher than some of my male counterparts, too. It seems now that since being overweight is the accepted norm, if one is slim and in-shape one is accused of as being weak, frail, and having an eating disorder.
YEEEESSS! Its so annoying.

Old 09-09-2010, 11:55 AM

884 posts, read 2,398,343 times
I've been all three.

I never used the "thick" description on myself but I think thick=shapely, Marilyn Monroe curves in all the right places. --This is what my hubby would say.

Plus sized and Full figured are the same to me. I am currently in this category but I just call it fat. It is what it is. Just like the big-man = fat.

Old 09-22-2011, 10:21 PM

8,206 posts, read 11,146,061 times
I know this thread is old but everyone has it wrong. How come its fair to classify someone apple shaped with say,a 36 D as curvy,even if they have no hips and no defined waist,but someone who is a 36C,defined waist,a nd size 16 pants is fat? That sounds just a curvy,albeit a little bottom heavy,which is in these days.
So an apple shaped woman who is 36 D,36 inch waist and size 10 is curvy;meanwhile a 36C,28 inch waist,and size 16 pants size is fat? Please explain

Old 09-22-2011, 10:42 PM

1,193 posts, read 1,598,590 times
It depends on how you are proportioned some men like meat with their taters, while some men just like a plain ol salad.

Old 09-22-2011, 10:59 PM

12,977 posts, read 30,181,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I know this thread is old but everyone has it wrong. How come its fair to classify someone apple shaped with say,a 36 D as curvy,even if they have no hips and no defined waist,but someone who is a 36C,defined waist,a nd size 16 pants is fat? That sounds just a curvy,albeit a little bottom heavy,which is in these days.
So an apple shaped woman who is 36 D,36 inch waist and size 10 is curvy;meanwhile a 36C,28 inch waist,and size 16 pants size is fat? Please explain
First of all, size of pants is irrelevant. Designers are known to fudge a bit on sizes so lets not even bother going there.

Any woman with a 36 inch waist is fat NOT curvy. Doesnt matter what other numbers she has going on or what "shape" she has. 36 inch waist means fat.

Olive1982 said it best a few posts above:

Thick - you need to tone up, lose some weight, borderline getting fat.
Plus sized - fat
Full figured - fat

Old 09-22-2011, 11:04 PM

2,317 posts, read 3,280,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
From what I understand:

Being thick in the middle (the torso) is an "apple" shape.

Being "bottom heavy" means having a "coke bottle" or "pear" shape.

Having a defined waist, as well as being "stacked" both on the top and bottom, is an "hourglass" shape.

Calling someone "fat" or "curvy" just seems like a matter of personal preference to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty