Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 05:08 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,671,717 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Here's a weird thought, they might even be airbrushing the bum hairs off the rear pics of these women.

They do all sorts of stuff with photoshop these days, I bet there's an option to dilate the circumference too
I am amazed at how often women hold up obvious photoshop jobs as standards of beauty.

Left, a "thick" Kim Kardashian unretouched, right after photoshopping:

"Thick" is due to excess body fat as you can see in the photo on the left.

Last edited by OngletNYC; 03-21-2010 at 05:16 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2010, 07:41 PM

3,387 posts, read 6,625,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post

You sure you aren't pulling some Google image stunt just to further your argument?
Nope, totally honest here, he was my trainer when I worked out at the gym, and now we are still friends.

Big Bully Martial Arts

Scott Henze MMA Stats, Pictures, News, Videos, Biography, and More - Sherdog.com

Old 03-21-2010, 07:43 PM

3,387 posts, read 6,625,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onglet39 View Post
Sorry but based on your posts on this thread, I don't think you are qualified to discuss this topic.
I don't think you are either, considering the post you commented on was based on medical fact, not opinion.

Old 03-21-2010, 07:52 PM

660 posts, read 1,540,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
Full figured? Either she's not familiar with how the rest of our culture applies that label or she's being really hard on herself. I looked her up on IMDB. She's 5' 7.5" and her measurements are 36-24-36. Those are Playboy model stats. She may not be rail thin, but I would hardly describe her as full-figured.
My, my. Without know who "she" is, I saw that and well.....I'm not saying what the first thing that popped into my mind was.

Old 03-21-2010, 08:07 PM

1,271 posts, read 4,022,795 times
The only difference is who is doing the labeling. Designers like using full-figured to describe a woman who has curves (since a lot of them prefer women with no curves) Retailers use plus sized to describe the consumer who don't fit a certain market. Thick is a term used by everyday folk when describing a woman who isn't skinny.

Thick

http://bittenandbound.com/wp-content...-top-model.jpg

Plus sized

http://radiofacts.com/wordpress/wp-c...iofactscom.gif

Full figured
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_eh0jgrX2BF..._monique_l.jpg

Hell at the end of the day all images would be considered fat to those who think anything with curves! While all images would be considered thick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nala8 View Post
Seriously, what's the difference? How about posting some pics of attractive or beautiful celebrities who fit these categories?

Old 03-21-2010, 08:12 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,671,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav Scout wife View Post
I don't think you are either, considering the post you commented on was based on medical fact, not opinion.
Whatever you say.

Old 09-06-2010, 01:05 PM

1 posts, read 5,094 times
i like thick women there so much funner where it counts.pluse when you take her out to eat she will actualy eat with you.you can be a little rougher with her and and she dont whine about it.real women is what i like to call them not these fake stick figure girls who think there so hot but look sick instead.

Old 09-06-2010, 01:46 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,593,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav Scout wife View Post
Not true.

My old trainer is about 5'8" and his walk weight is around 215lbs and he still has obvious muscle tone and lower body fat at that weight, but his fight weight is either 170 or 185 and he is shredded for those fights at those weights.

All the BMI charts say even at 185lbs with not a tsp of fat on him, he's grossly obese. WRONG.

don't get hung up on the weight, it's pretty worthless in the long run anyway. Anyone worth their salt, will tell you not to worry about the pounds, and instead worry about the % and the inches.
I agree. Muscle weighs more and is more compact than fat. So someone who has a lot of muscle will look different than someone who weighs the same but has a high body fat percentage. That's why you often gain weight when you start lifting weights but at the same time your clothes get loose and you feel firmer.

There are so many variables. How you gain weight, muscle tissue, body frame and size. Saying a certain weight amount determines if someone is fat is wrong because visually people can defy what the numbers say.

Old 09-06-2010, 05:51 PM

2,652 posts, read 4,796,733 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nala8 View Post
Seriously, what's the difference? How about posting some pics of attractive or beautiful celebrities who fit these categories?
Thick gals, will turn into plus sized and ff after child bearing. Curvy hips, thick thighs and round azz in high school. Yeah, give her time to have a child.

Most of the time.

Old 09-07-2010, 04:37 PM

1,031 posts, read 2,708,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilbatman420 View Post
i like thick women there so much funner where it counts.pluse when you take her out to eat she will actualy eat with you.you can be a little rougher with her and and she dont whine about it.real women is what i like to call them not these fake stick figure girls who think there so hot but look sick instead.
Woooooowww. I have a rebuttal for evrything u just said. Im a slim woman and I EAT. Probably more than you.I dont look sick just naturally small. I dont understand where people get the notion that just because a girl is slender she doesnt eat. Sure models have strict diets but for many slim women it is just natural. We cant help that we have a high metabolism.
And who says slim girls dont like it rough? Maybe u were messin with the wrong ones.... we're very flexible
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty