U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 09:49 PM

3,755 posts, read 7,635,263 times

Advertisements

I will count - because now I am curious - but at least 30 full outfits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2009, 10:46 PM

2,745 posts, read 13,262,014 times
I have a crapload of clothing. Too much, really. I am also a FT student and not working... but when I was working I probably had 7 to 10 work outfits. I don't really like "work clothes" so I only had what I had to have to get through a week without laundry. I usually defaulted to dress pants and a button down blouse or sweater (if it was that type of workplace, usually was)... I always had cute skirts and a suit or two but usually ended up wearing the pants instead. Kind of like what many men wore (pants like Dockers but better fitting for me and a fitted button down cotton blouse), but with a feminine cut, and flat shoes. Lazy.

Now, as a student, I wear whatever the heck I want and it's awesome but it usually is shorts/jeans/capris with some top and the dreaded flip flops! I will not do laundry during the week so I always have at least a week's worth of outfits ready and somewhat planned.

Old 08-29-2009, 10:55 PM

756 posts, read 1,738,554 times
I try to minimize my selection to save time. I buy classic pieces that are in neutral colors. All you need are:
I live in the south:
Black Suite - lined but light weight
Navy Suite - lined but light weight
Black Jacket
Navy Jacket
Gray thin wool skirt
Black thin wool skirt
Kahki colored shirt
Nice slacks in Khaki (two or three shades) black, blue, checked b/w and perhaps a subtle plaid pattern

I supplement with many different colored and styled shirts, the latest stylish jacket in the latest color and a couple of the lastest style skirts, again in the neutral colors.

If you have these basics, you can mix and match and maximize your look.

Old 08-29-2009, 11:51 PM

429 posts, read 621,429 times
tons :as in jam packed closet full of stuff im too fat to wear.lol.its tough to find something to wear for job interviews.guess I should use my time to go to the gym...

Old 08-30-2009, 08:06 AM

8,998 posts, read 13,301,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
How does she do it?

I have 2 full walk-in closets worth...and now I'm trying to figure out which one of us isn't normal (probably me)
I think has to be a happy medium. lol.
If I had the money though, I'd have a lot more clothes for work.

I liked one of my jobs where I could basically come to work right after school and not worry about how I was dressed. We couldn't wear capris and flip-flops but for the most part it was a pretty casual place.

1984vt, I definitely agree that having classics is key. I try not to buy a lot of trendy pieces, even for outfits outside of work. Some trendy stuff is good but it's exactly that: a trend. You'll be stuck with outdated stuff.

Old 08-30-2009, 10:19 AM

27,236 posts, read 42,023,444 times
I usually work in jeans and a T-shirt. Anything I can wear to work in, I can wear elsewhere. It wouldn't be very economical for me to reserve certain clothes for "work only".

Old 08-30-2009, 10:30 AM

4,551 posts, read 10,394,078 times
It depends on what you do for work and the area of the country you work in. I personally can wear jeans although I dress them up and I have about 80 or 90 different separate outfits I suppose that I could come up with
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty