U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 05:53 PM

4 posts, read 3,911 times

Advertisements

I tend to do the half tucked look a la Rihanna.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2011, 06:10 PM

614 posts, read 1,485,486 times
It depends on the style of the top I'm wearing and where I'm going.

Old 09-28-2011, 06:20 PM

23,741 posts, read 17,652,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xavierob82 View Post
I'm not really a fashionista, so I ask this question to see what others think. Am I the only person who finds tucking shirts into jeans ridiculous?

Thoughts? Especially from the ladies.
Well, I agree with you. I don't like the look of a tucked in shirt. Looks too...well, I just don't like the look.

The Cubans have this one right. They have their shirts, (I forget what they call them, left Miami a few months ago and am quickly forgetting things...that's not a bad thing), that are not meant to be tucked in. I think it looks so much better. Even when they dress up nicely, those shirts look nice not tucked in.

I HATE having to tuck my shirt in, (like for work). It's restraining, uncomfortable and I hate the look.

It's what we are told looks nice, I guess. If we were told that shirts untucked looked nice, we would think that, instead.

Old 09-28-2011, 06:26 PM

614 posts, read 1,485,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Well, I agree with you. I don't like the look of a tucked in shirt. Looks too...well, I just don't like the look.

The Cubans have this one right. They have their shirts, (I forget what they call them, left Miami a few months ago and am quickly forgetting things...that's not a bad thing), that are not meant to be tucked in. I think it looks so much better. Even when they dress up nicely, those shirts look nice not tucked in.

I HATE having to tuck my shirt in, (like for work). It's restraining, uncomfortable and I hate the look.

It's what we are told looks nice, I guess. If we were told that shirts untucked looked nice, we would think that, instead.
The shirts are called "guayabera". They have them for women too and are very nice! Those you definitely DO NOT tuck in.

Guayabera, Mens Wedding Shirts, Linen Shirts | Cubavera

I love them in linen, but they come in cotton as well. In PR and Miami you can get them custom made!

Old 09-28-2011, 07:09 PM
B4U

3,612 posts, read 7,201,808 times
A white T into Black or blue jeans = yum! = casual
A white oxford shirt into same = YUM! = casual (more better with at least 2 buttons undone!)
A polo shirt or "guayabera untucked = okay = very casual

I think there's a big difference between being casual & sloppy/messy/lazy/frumpy

Jeans around the base of butt or plumber's butt jeans - FORGET A BOUT IT!

Old 09-29-2011, 12:42 PM

3,160 posts, read 8,222,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gramirez2012 View Post
Tucking in shirts is not casual wear. Jeans are inherently casual. Therefore, no tucking shirts into jeans. Tucking is for formal attire with dress shirts and dress pants. IMO.
I agree. If it is a formal situation, you shouldn't be wearing jeans anyway. You can dress up jeans, but never ever are jeans considered formal wear.

Basically, jeans w/tucked in shirt look pretty dorky 90% of the time, gut or no gut.

Old 09-29-2011, 01:04 PM

31,765 posts, read 25,457,566 times
If the shirt/t-shirt is too long, tucked in just might be a better idea. Sometimes I will wear my linen shirts with jeans. Those that are short, are good either left loose or tucked in. Those that are longer, are better tucked in or the alternative will be a sloppy look. The same applies for t-Shirts. Some of them are designed to be tucked in (especially with the longer tail end). But I would never tuck in any of my slim fit t-shirts as they also happen to be just right in length.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty