U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 04:27 PM

3,093 posts, read 4,332,158 times

Advertisements

I think guys can say pretty much the same thing for women. As a whole in america women aren't exactly oozing with class. Where I live now in upstate NY, the women are about as original as can be "sarcasm". Either, they all look the same in this regard of the black north face jacket, blue jeans with those tacky ugg boots. Yeah, you women sure can point the finger at us, yet most of you act like sheep. Or if you do show a little originality you look tacky as hel l with your tramp stamps, pierced everything and easy look. Either everyone looks the same, slutty or weird. I don't see much class among women anymore either. P.S. if you are getting your style from Paris freakin Hilton and every other wannabe celebrity you probably are among the sheep.

I don't know about all guys, but I prefer my women with class. Please women leave the stamp tramps alone, stop piercing every darn facial part and the latter, and last but not least you could use a little discretion. We don't need to see every body part all the time. There is something to be said for allowing the imagination to be at play. If we want to see what every girl has, we can take them to Mc' donalds buy them a burger and rent a movie and chances are we might get a better view.

I saw a white girl the other day with corn rows and baggy pants with a sag...Now that's class.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2010, 06:15 PM

660 posts, read 1,378,926 times
when i lived in boston i observed the same thing. women piercing just about everything under the sun, and if a woman wore sneakers i had to pinch myself and ask if it was real. and WHAT IS UP with all the women in boston who just HAVE to hang bags off the middle of their arms? baaaaaaaaa........one....two...three.....zzzzzz

Old 03-17-2010, 01:56 PM

1,807 posts, read 2,947,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColorsOfMe View Post
How's this for fashion? The other morning after I left work one of the supervisors commented that she really liked my purple bandana and purple jacket. I was wearing women's tennis shoes. And, I'm a "guy" (barf). Sometimes I even wear mascara and slightly color my eyebrows. Maybe I'm just reliving the 80's Rocker days, though I was never into rock back then. (Cyndi Lauper and Madonna were my heroes)

I can't be the only one who thinks that men's (even boys) fashion is SO BORING!

(runs and hides from the "he-ain't-straight" police)

yea, you're definitely gay.

Old 03-17-2010, 02:03 PM

770 posts, read 777,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
yea, you're definitely gay.
This.

Fashion is for gay men and women. Mens fashion (jeeethuth chrithe!) is preferred on men by fellow gay men and girls, not women.

If you want a girl, load up on the new-age shades and hipster apparel. If you want a woman, continue on worrying about solving problems and building things, not your khaki's.

Old 03-18-2010, 04:05 AM

2,117 posts, read 4,790,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by millie61 View Post
Depends where you go like anywhere but don't think that in England it is that cheap as it isn't.
Cambridge (if you can get in) is one of the best schools in Europe.. and it costs just as much as every other university in England.

"In 2010–11, the tuition fee for UK/EU students studying for their first undergraduate degree is £3,290 per year for all courses*, as outlined in our Access Agreement and approved by the Office for Fair Access (OFFA)."

Undergraduate Admissions: - Tuition fees

That's cheaper than resident fees for most State Universities..

Old 03-18-2010, 04:08 AM

2,117 posts, read 4,790,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by millie61 View Post
Then add to that rent food books and works out around the same as I pay for my son here.
My friend's Daughter pays 100 pounds per week just for a room plus utilities and food. Here my Son pays $400 per month including utilities.
I know loads of people that go to University in England and it's much much cheaper than the United States (food, rent, social life, etc).

I know people that go to University in the States and have graduated.. with student loan debt.

Old 07-27-2010, 07:31 PM

12 posts, read 15,419 times
People used to dress up in this country--look at old photos. Today, they'd rather look like a bunch of street people.

Old 07-27-2010, 10:48 PM
dgz

802 posts, read 3,059,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interpol76 View Post
So...walking around campus and the city I live in this week (and for the last 4 years) I have noticed that almost every single guy is dressed exactly the same. T shirt/ sports hoodie in the winter, and t-shirt and basketball/khaki shorts in the fall/spring. Even when it's a bit cold out, t-shirt and basketball shorts/ shoes are the style of choice. Every once in a while I will see a dude with a unique sense of style. But very rarely. On the other hand, when in Europe I noticed almost every guy has style. Is it just taboo in this country for men to dress nice or unique in a casual situation? Thoughts?
I don't like the 'men dressing like boys' look either. I especially despise caps--whether facing forward or worn backwards. I can see wearing a cap if you're driving a tractor or playing baseball, but otherwise, it just makes most men look silly and undignified.

Old 07-29-2010, 07:33 AM

112 posts, read 479,416 times
I like to dress pretty nicely but not over the top. I don't wear ridiculously tight clothing, skinny ties or huge sunglasses. However, I do like to wear shirt and tie to work....nice dress pants...nice shoes. On weekends, I like to wear a nice polo with either jeans or corduroys if it's colder out...and shorts if it's hot out. I think that's manly enough.

Old 07-29-2010, 08:15 AM

15,787 posts, read 25,776,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgz View Post
I don't like the 'men dressing like boys' look either. I especially despise caps--whether facing forward or worn backwards. I can see wearing a cap if you're driving a tractor or playing baseball, but otherwise, it just makes most men look silly and undignified.
what is so silly about men wearing a baseball cap????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty