Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 07:40 AM

112 posts, read 522,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
what is so silly about men wearing a baseball cap????
I think it's the fashion police run amok. I don't see what's wrong with it, either. I do like to wear nice clothes, but I don't see the problem in wearing a hat. If that makes me "American", so sue me...I am American after all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2010, 07:46 AM

1,233 posts, read 2,825,510 times
I really don't see what the big deal is with taking pride in your appearance. Ooh, he washes his face with an acne-fighting scrub! He trims his nails and wears clothes that fit his body well! What a telltale sign for his homosexuality!

Old 07-29-2010, 09:40 AM

23,416 posts, read 36,998,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkin about it View Post
This.

Fashion is for gay men and women. Mens fashion (jeeethuth chrithe!) is preferred on men by fellow gay men and girls, not women.

If you want a girl, load up on the new-age shades and hipster apparel. If you want a woman, continue on worrying about solving problems and building things, not your khaki's.
Truly clueless.....

Old 07-29-2010, 10:02 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,633,814 times
Quote:
what is so silly about men wearing a baseball cap????
Nothing. Wearing a baseball cap is probably a good defense from being labeled as gay.

Old 07-30-2010, 08:30 AM

1,350 posts, read 2,300,234 times
I'm becoming more of a fan of men dressing up...not down.
Men who dress like slobs or without a thought in the world as to how they look, are not attractive in my mind...it shows lack of self respect, and reflects on the character of the person.

I like the Mad Men look...in so far as people dressing up to go outside the home (updated via retailers like Banana Republic, or whatever).

Old 07-30-2010, 10:33 AM

18,469 posts, read 31,635,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Nothing. Wearing a baseball cap is probably a good defense from being labeled as gay.
huh???

I would imagine that gay men and straight men wear baseball caps at one point or another.

sometimes I do wear a baseball cap, not often though.....

Old 07-30-2010, 12:46 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,998,001 times
Quote:
huh???

I would imagine that gay men and straight men wear baseball caps at one point or another.

sometimes I do wear a baseball cap, not often though.....
Yeah, they wear them.
Didnt quite get that comment either.....

Old 07-31-2010, 05:25 PM
dgz

806 posts, read 3,393,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NODAK1979 View Post
I think it's the fashion police run amok. I don't see what's wrong with it, either. I do like to wear nice clothes, but I don't see the problem in wearing a hat. If that makes me "American", so sue me...I am American after all.
I've always thought that men wearing baseball caps (when not on a baseball field) looked childish. I'm only in my late 40s, but I remember right as caps were becoming popular and it just looked so immature... sort of like people who wear t-shirts with large text and logos. That impression still stays with me. I guess it would be different for a much younger person who has always seen grown men wearing caps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty