Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 04:42 AM

2,543 posts, read 4,860,835 times

Advertisements

Mine has always been CoverGirl. My foundation, blush, eyeshadow, lipstick/lipgloss, and my makeup applicators. It's cheaper and what I've used since I was 17, when I really got into makeup.

But I love Maybelline Great Lash for my mascara. Used this kind for years now.

What is your favorite brand/brands??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2009, 08:12 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,169,300 times
If you have been only buying that one brand try other stuff. I have been holding off on trying other things but drugstore brands have MASSIVE improvements. MAC lipsticks though are my favorite for over 10 years now. NYX has some good concealer and liquid foundation pale enough for my skin that does not make me look like I have liver issues...lol

Old 09-01-2009, 08:35 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,212,979 times
In general, Clinique, but for eye make-up, I have used a variety of other make-up companies including the less expensive brands.

Old 09-01-2009, 08:43 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,340,050 times
Bobbi Brown mostly although I do agree on the Maybelline Great Lash mascara and I have a few other items of "drugstore" brands (transluscent powder is Almay I think).....

Old 09-01-2009, 08:56 AM

12,054 posts, read 23,241,407 times
I'm a makeup junkie. Currently using Dr. Denese light-defusing foundation and clinique pink bamboo eye shadow collection and eye liner. Mary Kay mascara. I really like Mally for eye makeup and cheeks.

Old 09-01-2009, 11:16 AM

11 posts, read 19,389 times
Face - Neutrogena
Eyes - Revlon & L'Oreal
Lips - L'Oreal

Old 09-01-2009, 11:18 AM

9,732 posts, read 9,683,624 times
My wife only uses Clarins or Clinique. She costs me a fortune, but looks great!!

Old 09-01-2009, 11:27 AM
EB2

1,925 posts, read 6,336,869 times
I have a giant mixture of brands. Some drugstore, some higher end. I prefer Revlon mascara (3D Extreme waterproof and Beyond Natural normal formula), with Max Factor being my second choice to Revlon (I've used Revlon for the most part for years, and even when trying others in between tubes of Revlon, I always go back to the tried and true).

Blush would either be MAC's Stark Naked (it was a special edition, but I loved it so much I went and got an extra one of it....and a little goes a long way, so I'm still on my first thing of it). Or, for a cheek stain, The Body Shop's lip+cheek stain.

Eye shadows vary.... I have things from Victoria's Secret, Sally Beauty Supply, Femme Couture Mineral Effects (found them at Sally), Rimmel, and things like Maybelline (I love their eye shadows for the cost...the ones I have, have never let me down. They're high pigmented, long lasting, and never fail to get compliments). I also have some shadow from The Body Shop. I'm sure I have others in my bag...I just don't remember, haha.

Liner also varies. Revlon is again a favorite in my bag, as is Rimmel for a second runner-up. I also have a liquid liner from MAC, which I don't use as often as I'd like. I also recently bought a liner from The Body Shop which is quite nice.

Lip Products vary from Victoria's Secret, to MAC (love their lipsticks/lip liners), and The Body Shop.

Last edited by EB2; 09-01-2009 at 11:45 AM..

Old 09-01-2009, 03:48 PM

1,532 posts, read 2,640,782 times
I used to sell Mary Kay, so I have tons of old stock that I still use. I love their products. My only problem is that I am on my final tube of foundation, and I really don't want to find a consultant to purchase from. I would like to try something I can buy from the store that would be comparable, I just have to be very careful because my face breaks out with some of the cheaper ones, but I don't want to spend a fortune either................

Any ideas or suggestions???

Old 09-01-2009, 03:55 PM

2,543 posts, read 4,860,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
If you have been only buying that one brand try other stuff. I have been holding off on trying other things but drugstore brands have MASSIVE improvements. MAC lipsticks though are my favorite for over 10 years now. NYX has some good concealer and liquid foundation pale enough for my skin that does not make me look like I have liver issues...lol

I have tried other stuff. There was a time I got out of CoverGirl stuff for 2-3 years (when I lived in Phoenix). Was using Maybelline, Loreal, and another one I can't think of right now. They are okay. I just prefer the CoverGirl foundation best (because it blends in better for me and doesn't look like I'm wearing any foundation after).

I used to use the Loreal Voluminous Mascara. I loved it. But it's too expensive for me now, sorry. I also loved that Dial-A-Tone Mascara (can't remember who made that one). I loved it. You can twist the nob in the bottom of the tube and get the thickness you want (1 is hardly there to 10 is very, extremely thick).

I just prefer simple makeup that makes me look like I'm not wearing any, really. So, that's why I really love CoverGirl the best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty