Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2009, 08:55 PM

3,387 posts, read 6,628,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs1885 View Post
The only exception is the 'tramp stamp'. I've always thought that when done small and dainty on a small woman they're cute. Of course when she's 85 years old and taking her grandkids to church it probably won't be so adorable.

I can only hope that an 85yr old grandmother wouldn't be showing that much skin in a religious setting!

Old 09-14-2009, 12:58 AM

14,539 posts, read 21,259,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iriekate View Post
you know which one bugs me the most? when people wear their baseball caps with a flat brim. call me strange, but it bugs the **** out of me! you're supposed to bend that ****er so the sun won't shine in your eyes! LOL

as for tattoos, sometimes i forget i have mine. and it's fun to see people's reactions when they see that i have ink.

i think what y'all both need to realize is that we're all different and you can't change anyone's mind except for your own.

and everyone has a freak flag. so let your freek flag fly!

(PS, i wish i was in SoCall right now)
This is a great example of why this thread reminds me of the ones about how people dress at Walmart, people who wear flip flops and the like. We all have our comfort zone. And all of them are different. Some people just hate baseball caps and are bugged by how they are worn. But nobody has to wear a cap or get a tattoo. Its perfectly fine to choose not but the generalizations made about "those" people are truely a barrier to seeing our fellow citizens as human beings rather than labels.

I left socal a year ago and am sooo glad to be away from the crowds and smog. The appreciation of difference may be more there than some places, but then those who don't is pretty hard line too. Me, like the way I dress or the upside down hours I keep (nightbird being quite the appropriate name) or don't like them. Doesn't matter, I'm just being me.

Old 09-14-2009, 03:54 AM

18,120 posts, read 11,756,270 times
I don't like they way the tattoos are displayed fully clothed. What's the point if half a fairy is covered with shirt on arm?

I think when considering tattoo placement on your body, do consider clothing and exposure.

Old 09-14-2009, 09:16 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2goldens View Post
I don't like they way the tattoos are displayed fully clothed. What's the point if half a fairy is covered with shirt on arm?

I think when considering tattoo placement on your body, do consider clothing and exposure.
Well... many people don't get tattoos to show them off, they get them because they mean something to the individual. I wear 3/4 sleeves often which means 1/4 of my tattoo is showing and the rest is not. I also have one between my shoulderblades, but rarely wear tanktops. Occasionally, just the top bit of my tattoo is showing when I wear tshirts. I didn't get mine so I could 'show them off' or 'look tough', I got them because I like them...and to cover up medical scars.

Old 09-14-2009, 10:18 AM

37 posts, read 108,287 times
Tattoos are a great way to find out who puts out on the first date 99 percent of the time its accurate

Old 09-14-2009, 10:26 AM

259 posts, read 732,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainerite View Post
Tattoos are a great way to find out who puts out on the first date 99 percent of the time its accurate

Hahahaha!!!! that's awesome!

where do you live where that's true? or are they tattooed people you find late night at bars? LOL

Old 09-14-2009, 10:37 AM

Quote:
According to my friend (a self described man-*****) a woman who wears a cross around her neck is a guaranteed lay.

I think it depends on the tattoo....tramp stamp or armband? Maybe. Full sleeve? Probably not. 99% of the time? Not so much.

Old 09-14-2009, 10:43 AM

37 posts, read 108,287 times
It's funny, because i see a lot of veiled hostility towards christians ( i myself am agnostic, so am not defending them) and "normal" people

i just think it is funny how one kind of stereotype is okay, but not another?

Old 09-14-2009, 10:46 AM

259 posts, read 732,334 times
no stereotypes are okay. granted, they are stereotypes for a reason, and i think it's okay to recognize that. but once you assume everyone is a certain way that's when you're in the wrong.

it's kind of like Deadheads. i have lawyer deadheads, corporate office deadheads, HR Director deadheads, etc.

people are too complex to fit in any one box.

Old 09-14-2009, 10:55 AM

Quote:
It's funny, because i see a lot of veiled hostility towards christians ( i myself am agnostic, so am not defending them) and "normal" people

i just think it is funny how one kind of stereotype is okay, but not another?
Actually, that's the point I was trying to get across with my stereotypes. Apparently, it's okay to call everyone with tattoos an 'easy lay' but the minute someone brings up another group (especially religious, which is why I mentioned it) all of a sudden stereotypes are bad.

Weird, eh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty